Levo Gen 2 New Gen3 Turbo Levo 700w battery

veryoldfart

Oct 1, 2020
Suffolk
Does anybody know for certain whether you will be able to use (with some new parts/ie connectors fitted ) a 2019/20 Gen2 700W battery in the new Gen 3 Levo?

If so, when might those parts become available or is that a very elastic piece of string?

More concerned about eventual likelihood than timing..

veryoldfart

Oct 1, 2020
Suffolk
Great idea - Have You tested the use of Your gen2 battery ?
My LBS confirms it will work and they have got the parts required to enable a Gen 2 battery fit Gen 3.
Seems the battery cells are same to both versions, with different adaptors.

Only a few weeks more until I can collect the new bike and try it.

The battery adapter parts were more readily available than the bike!!

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
Does anybody know for certain whether you will be able to use (with some new parts/ie connectors fitted ) a 2019/20 Gen2 700W battery in the new Gen 3 Levo?

If so, when might those parts become available or is that a very elastic piece of string?

More concerned about eventual likelihood than timing..
Yes confirmed. I have been using the extra battery since Feb; just order the new plastic parts.

Sep 19, 2020
Squamish, BC, Canada
You don’t need new parts if you just swap it over from battery to battery, but if you’re doing it often the new parts would be worth it.

I only swap the battery (and parts) out the rare time I go for two rides in the same day or when I forget to charge the 700.

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
You don’t need new parts if you just swap it over from battery to battery, but if you’re doing it often the new parts would be worth it.

I only swap the battery (and parts) out the rare time I go for two rides in the same day or when I forget to charge the 700.
Thx for input - I just got the part from BestBike - 70 Euro 👌

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles