New Garmin Edge with Shimano Steps integration

ebike17

Apr 13, 2020
Slovensko
And does the Shimano STePS EW-EN100 from the Garmin Edge 1000 work? Will I see all the information from Shimana Steps there?

stona1

Sep 9, 2019
Gdynia, PL
Hi,

I would like to inform that my Pinarello Andromeda 9.9 is now with clean cockpit :)
I removed E8000 display and using only EW-EN100 with EDGE 530.
Already done few rides an it work very well.
All credits to users of this forum, thank you :)

Arek

IMG_2030.jpeg

IMG_2029.jpeg

Last edited:

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Hi, got a edge 830, connection work fine but my bike is derestricted and Garmin grabs distance and speed from my bike, it fucks up the whole ride. Can I select that I want speed and distance data from my gps and NOT from shimano steps sensor?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Nope.
But...
There is a way round it...
Fit the Garmin speed sensor on your wheel so it overrides the bike's speed sensor data

You can also disconnect the garmin from the STeps motor completely. in the sensor settings
There's nothing much useful in the Steps data I'd want to display on a £400 fitness training/GPS unit anyway

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Nope.
But...
There is a way round it...
Fit the Garmin speed sensor on your wheel so it overrides the bike's speed sensor data

You can also disconnect the garmin from the STeps motor completely. in the sensor settings
There's nothing much useful in the Steps data I'd want to display on a £400 fitness training/GPS unit anyway
But i’d really like to have the battery % on display don’t need anything else...

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Ah. Ok. have 5 lights on my external battery to (vaguely) indicate my battery level.
I take it you have an internal battery?

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Ah. Ok. have 5 lights on my external battery to (vaguely) indicate my battery level.
I take it you have an internal battery?
I'm used to my Levo 2019 and Garmin integration via ebike IQ connect app. Gives me battery in % wich i prefere, aspessially when you only have 2 bars left, is it 40% or 21% (big difference) I found an old speedsensor and fitted it, worked like you said, Thanks!

Andromeda

Dec 3, 2019
Russia
I would like to inform that my Pinarello Andromeda 9.9 is now with clean cockpit :)
I have the same bike as you! ) You can make your cockpit even cleaner. Carbon frame is transperent for Bluetooth and ANT+ signals, and Andromeda have enough space inside near the headset. You can remove the fork, put the EW-EN100 in and your Garmin will work. I use the EW-JC130 Y-split cable outside of the frame to connect both left and right shifters (I use Di2 rear derailleur). Love the way how my bike feels and looks now. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles