New EMTB owner here (Norco Sight VLT C2 29) Hello from Vancouver!

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Just had the maiden rip down Lower Digger after picking up the new Norco Sight VLT C2 29. Wow!
I chose wisely.
:love:
Got 3 laps in and got more and more comfortable - to the point where I rode the trail better than I ever had before.

So good!
3FD7DB9D-5CF1-43BA-92CC-F4F8826BA5D7.jpeg

Anyway, hey everyone!
Looking forward to being part of the community.

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Nice. Are those 29ers or 27.5? Is Norco the leading Canadian brand?

Hey @Gordonrides,
This is the Sight 29er model.
Norco has knocked out 2 really solid EMTBs with their latest Sight 27.5 and this 29er model.
The Range VLT is a beast with a step up in travel and more oriented toward hard hitting decents. (Climbs well too).
Rocky Mountain (never got a chance to try) looks to have awesome E-Bikes.
Devinchi DC has also scored well on many reviews.

Cheers,
-Jeff

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Got mine a week ago, so far pretty happy with it.
Brakes are cheaper Shimano, but they are not really different from my other bike XTs
View attachment 34286
That Red (A1 right?) is nice. ?
I tested a L A1. Norco Ride Aligned suggested that size for me, but the new geo on these bikes, M felt more my style.
I'm right on the line between staying w/ M or moving up to L.

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
Congrats ... love the Norco and if I didn't need a removable battery (for storage security reasons) probably would have gone that way instead of the Trek Rail. Always good to see another rider from BC on here.

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Congrats ... love the Norco and if I didn't need a removable battery (for storage security reasons) probably would have gone that way instead of the Trek Rail. Always good to see another rider from BC on here.

@Quinterly - The Rail felt really good too. After 7EMTBs ... Rail and Sight were where it was at for me.
The Sight specs for the price really tipped the scale for me. + BC brand meant a lot... I generally try to stay local with many purchases.
The battery removal from Trek.. such a cool idea.

Stay in touch.
Cheers,
-Kinger

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
BC have a heap of great brands imo, by the time they get to NZ the price gets a little high though.
Congrats on your purchase, thats the model i would get in the Norco emtb range, 29 has quite different geo to the 27.5
Only thing i dont like is upside down shock and a little more torque would help.

Enjoy

pamartia

Jun 25, 2020
Walnut Creek, California
That Red (A1 right?) is nice. ?
I tested a L A1. Norco Ride Aligned suggested that size for me, but the new geo on these bikes, M felt more my style.
I'm right on the line between staying w/ M or moving up to L.
It's a medium A1. I am sharing it with my wife, way better suit especially for her.
To me the color doesn't look like on the Norco website, I like it way better in reality.
The only problem so far... it is a dust magnet.
I fixed the "issue" of the big holes on the frame for the cables routing with some thin velcro straps.

Bogdan_CH

Apr 22, 2020
Oradea, Romania
Got mine a week ago, so far pretty happy with it.
Brakes are cheaper Shimano, but they are not really different from my other bike XTs
View attachment 34286

Hi there. Sorry to hack the thread, but I'm really keen to pull the plug for a Sight A1 but there is one thing drawing me back. I've seen this review online which gave mixed feeling for the owner and I'm just wondering if you noticed the same thing with yours :

pamartia

Jun 25, 2020
Walnut Creek, California
Hi there. Sorry to hack the thread, but I'm really keen to pull the plug for a Sight A1 but there is one thing drawing me back. I've seen this review online which gave mixed feeling for the owner and I'm just wondering if you noticed the same thing with yours :

I watched that video before getting my wife's Norco.
All is true, but not a big problem.
I fixed the chain guide, just unmount the chainring and lower the chain guide.
The speed sensor is not elegant, but it works without issues.
My friend got the Carbon VLT and it has some rubber where the cables go into the frame. The alloy one doesn't have it, I carefully put some thin velcro straps, secured them with zip ties and they block the water when washing it

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I agree with @pamartia.
My Sight (pictured at top of thread) has been excellent.
the shop installed the chain guide correctly from the get go.
The spoke mounted speed sensor is not the best but it works and I keep a spare on me IF I ever need it.
The rubber grommets are fine. In fact, Norco updated them and you can ask your local dealer to get the updated ones for you. (Look up“@Griztour” on Instagram.

I love this bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles