New Ebike owner from the UK

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
So, after five years of resisting l finally caved in and bought a 2020 Kona Remote E160
I dona lot of mountain bike riding and so far am
absolutely loving the ebike!
lt doubles my ride distance and opens up new routes that l couldn't normally get to from my house.

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
I love mine, its opened up a whole new world for me, much more riding, going further and getting higher, and its also increased my fitness. I went on a long, mostly road, some off road, ride on Good Friday, to see friends and family around the island. I did 80km in total, and I mostly had the battery turned off, but put it on for the bigger climbs or when heading into a headwind. In fact the first 60km involved climbs of 1km in total, and I'd only used 40% of the battery. Because I had so much battery left I put it in turbo for the last 20km and blitzed home as it was getting late :)

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
l turn the motor assist off on flat roads and tracks, and find that l can maintain 15-20mph.
So at least in parts it's effectively a regular bike ride.

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Done another ride this afternoon despite it being freezing cold, have to say l was worried that l wouldn't enjoy ebike rides as the challenge of ascents was not there
But you can set yourself new challenges, such as trying to keep the speed above the motor assist (15mph in the U.K.) or trying to do the whole ride in "eco".

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
When I first got my eMTB my aim was to just keep the assist to a minimum, so went everywhere in the lowest power setting and I still managed to get up some hills that I would struggle on normally, now I've had it for a while, I still use eco a lot to extend the ride, but going up the steeps I'll adjust to whatever makes it easiest, although I still feel guilty about using turbo :ROFLMAO:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles