new crankarms - fit is to tight!?

Razorx

Jul 24, 2022
Sweden
I bought new crankarms beacause my old ones was coming loose.

So i got my new crankarms installed no problem.... until i tryed to pedal. It was like i had tighten the bolt to much so the pedals turned really slowly and it felt weird so i took everything off. I just used a normal allen key.. no extra force or anything. I dont understand what went wrong?

when im looking at how many nm you should tighten it with they around 45-60... Im doing by hand only so if i would tighten it more it would not move?

Everything was easy to take off so it was not superstuck or anything...

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I bought new crankarms beacause my old ones was coming loose.

So i got my new crankarms installed no problem.... until i tryed to pedal. It was like i had tighten the bolt to much so the pedals turned really slowly and it felt weird so i took everything off. I just used a normal allen key.. no extra force or anything. I dont understand what went wrong?

when im looking at how many nm you should tighten it with they around 45-60... Im doing by hand only so if i would tighten it more it would not move?

Everything was easy to take off so it was not superstuck or anything...
I assume you meant the cranks were tight to turn over rather than the pedals. If so the only reason could be that the cranks are tight up against the motor housing each side because the spindle housing on them is too thick....or you have bought the wrong cranks completely. If they are to fit a Bosch motor they should be ISIS fitting. What cranks did you buy and for what bike?

Razorx

Jul 24, 2022
Sweden
I assume you meant the cranks were tight to turn over rather than the pedals. If so the only reason could be that the cranks are tight up against the motor housing each side because the spindle housing on them is too thick....or you have bought the wrong cranks completely. If they are to fit a Bosch motor they should be ISIS fitting. What cranks did you buy and for what bike?

haha yes i meant the cranks would not turn...
The cranks i bought was these ones ride+ " Ride+ Bosch Gen 2 Crank Arm Set - Shop | Nevis Cycles "
They are isis fitting.

Maybe you are right... the spindle housing... hm. So there are diffrent thicknesses of spindle housing as well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles