new crank e8000

SEBA

Sep 11, 2019
French Provence High Alps

this is a premium product so high priced, kashima version will arrive ( said me in an email )

kashima color is the exact matching with fox one

there are also flat pedals with kashima

Screenshot_2022-08-07-06-03-17-73_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
ep8 cranks are OK for e8000 with a spacer

they made ep8 AND e8000 cranks, did you go to the website ?

Yes I did, plus who wants to spend that much money on cranks and have to use a janky spacer? If you have an E8000 get the proper width cranks to start with.

A1302F19-E370-46B2-AA9F-70DC01614B62.jpeg

You also can’t trust some of the information on the 5Dev website. The cranks that they have listed for Bosch motors doesn’t have the proper clearance to clear the Gen 4 CX motor, I know because I bought some. They kind of assumed they would clear simply because both Bosch and Brose are ISIS, so they list the cranks for both motors. And I know for a fact they don’t clear.

Nice products and the guys are good to deal with but they are a newer company so there’s some teething issues there.

I see that they actually list E8000 on their website now, they didn’t in the past.
I still wouldn’t want to spend that much as need a spacer.

Last edited:

SEBA

Sep 11, 2019
French Provence High Alps
Yes I did, plus who wants to spend that much money on cranks and have to use a janky spacer? If you have an E8000 get the proper width cranks to start with.

View attachment 94185

You also can’t trust some of the information on the 5Dev website. The cranks that they have listed for Bosch motors doesn’t have the proper clearance to clear the Gen 4 CX motor, I know because I bought some. They kind of assumed they would clear simply because both Bosch and Brose are ISIS, so they list the cranks for both motors. And I know for a fact they don’t clear.

Nice products and the guys are good to deal with but they are a newer company so there’s some teething issues there.
did you made a photo of the non compatibility of the crank with your motor ?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
oh sh.t it rub against the motor

did you try to.put a spacer ? did you try to take off the side.cover bosch ?

they refund you ?

Like I said, it’s ridiculous to spend that kind of money and then need to use a spacer. I shouldn’t have had to try to do anything, if it’s listed for a Bosch motor it should just work without having to modify anything.

I work at a shop so we just sold them to a customer with a Levo. They were great to deal with and they offered a full refund, but I just kept them and sold them to a customer instead of putting them on my bike.

I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was disappointed they didn’t fit the Bosch motor….lol

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles