New Bosch Update out extra 10Nm Torque for the Rail!

Djlcater

Mar 22, 2020
Uk
So my mates at my local bike store have informed me the update is out now, so I will pop in tomorrow to get it plugged in and see how much of a difference it makes!
Any one already had there’s done?

Rostle32

Sep 26, 2018
Uk
picked my rail 7 with the latest firmware(85mn only in emtb and turbo), up yesterday from the edge cycleworks lancaster ,
moving from 18 kenevo to the rail, well... climbs like a absolute beast! And the 29er wheels roll
proper well,2 KOMs on maiden outing !!!

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
How have you confirmed that you have the latest firmware that adds torque?
What exactly does your Purion or Kiox show as firmware version?

Rostle32

Sep 26, 2018
Uk
I asked the question in the shop at handover , No there’s nowt on the display stating update to motor software/ power increase.?‍♂️
But it IS on the Bosch computer system, when they run diagnostics, all the data will be there.
DF84E8DB-402E-4EB8-B65A-AE385119D178.jpeg

Djlcater

Mar 22, 2020
Uk
I asked the question in the shop at handover , No there’s nowt on the display stating update to motor software/ power increase.?‍♂️
But it IS on the Bosch computer system, when they run diagnostics, all the data will be there. View attachment 35387
Correct, just states 85Nm emtb mode update when plugged in. You can definitely notice the quicker pick up from stand still and the extra carry through of power when you apply pressure once You’ve stopped peddling!

Manicm

Apr 23, 2020
Birmingham
Went out yesterday, every climb I beat my personal best using eMtb mode. So I’m guessing it delivers more power quicker...although my pb on the one downhill is 3.01 on an old 26er bike, closest I’ve got is 3.09....need to be quicker downhill!!

themonkster

Sep 27, 2019
Manchester
First ride today with the new update.

Wow absolutely wow. Blown away with Turbo, absolutely blasted it up my local tough climb and knocked 10 seconds off my old time.

Rode most of my 20 miles in EMTB to see the difference. Really smooth delivery of power it's a massive improvement.

Props to Bosch for delivering a great update.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
First ride today with the new update.

Wow absolutely wow. Blown away with Turbo, absolutely blasted it up my local tough climb and knocked 10 seconds off my old time.

Rode most of my 20 miles in EMTB to see the difference. Really smooth delivery of power it's a massive improvement.

Props to Bosch for delivering a great update.
Had my first ride yesterday with the new update. Definitely noticed the increase in power, although I was actually really happy with the power pre-update. I really only use E-MTB mode , and I noticed battery range suffered. I couldn't get it to engage that special pedal-kick thing that is supposed to get you over obstacles

themonkster

Sep 27, 2019
Manchester
Had my first ride yesterday with the new update. Definitely noticed the increase in power, although I was actually really happy with the power pre-update. I really only use E-MTB mode , and I noticed battery range suffered. I couldn't get it to engage that special pedal-kick thing that is supposed to get you over obstacles
I don't normally ride in EMTB as I wasn't keen on the feel of the power delivery. To me today it felt very fluid how the power engaged through the pedal stroke. Normally I ride in Eco or Tour most of the time. I did 3000ft climbing today over 23 miles. Mostly in EMTB with a bit of Turbo with my 500kwh battery. I too tried the EMTB Boost but it didn't feel any different or I wasn't engaging it properly.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
I don't normally ride in EMTB as I wasn't keen on the feel of the power delivery. To me today it felt very fluid how the power engaged through the pedal stroke. Normally I ride in Eco or Tour most of the time. I did 3000ft climbing today over 23 miles. Mostly in EMTB with a bit of Turbo with my 500kwh battery. I too tried the EMTB Boost but it didn't feel any different or I wasn't engaging it properly.
You did well to get that out of your battery! I did similar distance/climbing, possibly a bit less than you, all in EMTB mode, finished the ride on 1 bar, 625WH battery. Usually a ride like that I would still have 2 bars remaining. I agree EMTB is definitely smoother in it's delivery though!

BrentD

Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
I find the new EMTB mode much more "natural" feeling. The "boost" is really nice when ratcheting your way up steep technical terrain when you can't always put in a full pedal stroke. I find it a nicely implemented feature.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
I find the new EMTB mode much more "natural" feeling. The "boost" is really nice when ratcheting your way up steep technical terrain when you can't always put in a full pedal stroke. I find it a nicely implemented feature.
What is the knack for engaging the boost feature? I couldn't seem to get it to engage

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
What is the knack for engaging the boost feature? I couldn't seem to get it to engage
Intially I thought it wasn't very good as I found giving a quick push on the flat trail you could feel it overrun as it should but on a steep track it didn't seem to work. I have consequently found it to be actually quite good. I went up a steep rock slope the other day just by giving a quite a few half kicks & it rolled me to the top. I think it has to do with the speed you come up to obstacles but I don't expect it to really carry me over anything like a log or rock bigger than my head.
Don't get me started on how to remember how the bloody walk mode works though...Grrrr...

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
I never thought I'd want more power as I was always under the belief that I only needed enough to get to the top without feeling trashed. Now though after riding the new update I have come to my senses & realised the problems of the world can be solved with more & more torque

Tony.OK

Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
I never thought I'd want more power as I was always under the belief that I only needed enough to get to the top without feeling trashed. Now though after riding the new update I have come to my senses & realised the problems of the world can be solved with more & more torque
Hehe.....turbo now catches me out when playing with it, has sometimes too much right when not needed ?, I find emtb more than enough now and use less gear changes.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
at the cost of battery range though... ?

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Intially I thought it wasn't very good as I found giving a quick push on the flat trail you could feel it overrun as it should but on a steep track it didn't seem to work. I have consequently found it to be actually quite good. I went up a steep rock slope the other day just by giving a quite a few half kicks & it rolled me to the top. I think it has to do with the speed you come up to obstacles but I don't expect it to really carry me over anything like a log or rock bigger than my head.
Don't get me started on how to remember how the bloody walk mode works though...Grrrr...
So the half pedal stroke is the trick, I'll try that out on my next ride. (y) Walk mode isn't so complicated? Any mode apart from "off" , press walk and then press and hold "+":D...at least on the purion

themonkster

Sep 27, 2019
Manchester
at the cost of battery range though... ?
Apparently it doesn't affect the range according to what I've read and watched. The battery consumption is the same. If I'm out for a big day say 40 miles in unknown territory it will be a mixture Eco / Tour. Managed just under 40 miles the other week with 3800ft no trouble. I think body weight with pack weight affects battery significantly.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles