New Battery not 700 watt

Joop E-Bike

Mar 2, 2020
Spain
I got my new bike yesterday installed the Blevo app told me the battery is 648 watt.
I also had the same problem with my old bike when I update it the Specialized new software by the dealer did my battery was, is 50 watt less.
I know we had a tread on this before, but not a good explanation.
Does anybody have an idea.
70CC1EFF-8095-44C4-A9BA-E3D0E54666B3.jpeg

Last edited:

Joop E-Bike

Mar 2, 2020
Spain
Turbo Levo.
It’s in 700 watt H battery.
When I updated my 500 and 700 on my old bike, I had the same problem.

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
It's happened to loads of people after they've had the battery firmware update, I won't be getting mine done.
If the firmware does good things for battery power management, then this might be penny-wise and pound-foolish.

It would be good to know what is being accomplished by the update. Limiting or reducing capacity? That would be a big deal as many would truly be losing something. What is the display, displaying?

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I’ve only got the 500w and it’s sometimes a struggle when all my mates got a 700w so definitely no update for me 👎 I will be endorsing it though ☺️

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
On some battery systems if bike lights are enabled ( not necessarilly fitted) then the battery reserves 10% capacity for that facility. On those systems it is possible to remove the bike lights software option but it is a dealer access function. Since your battery capacity reading loss is 10% this may be the reason on your system??

Joop E-Bike

Mar 2, 2020
Spain
On some battery systems if bike lights are enabled ( not necessarilly fitted) then the battery reserves 10% capacity for that facility. On those systems it is possible to remove the bike lights software option but it is a dealer access function. Since your battery capacity reading loss is 10% this may be the reason on your system??
Thanks ago to check that out.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Has anyone actually seen a range decrease after the firmware upgrade?

It's just as likely that it's a reporting change as much as an actual limit put on the usable wH of the battery. You'd have to back to back testing to see if it's an actual change to what Specialized are letting you have vs what they're just reporting as a capacity. It may have been you've only been allowed to use 650wH before and all we have here is a reporting change.

My eV has a 78kW battery but only 75kW usable. Possible Levo's do the same.

Gordon

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
I got my new bike yesterday installed the Blevo app told me the battery is 648 watt.
I also had the same problem with my old bike when I update it the Specialized new software by the dealer did my battery was, is 50 watt less.
I know we had a tread on this before, but not a good explanation.
Does anybody have an idea.
View attachment 103118
High Rock Ruti

Seeing how I'm on my fourth motor, I'm suspicious about Specialized doing everything, but fixing the motor.

Warm Regards Ruti

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles