Bafang m820

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Just use an Y for the XT plug that comes from the battery or the charge plug, with a 36/43v->5v limiter that will work and cables are shy 10cm from the seatpost
Yep, that's smart! I will start building a prototype (when I have time...)
I was thinking maybe the lights could be triggered by the Bafang remote, and there was a way to even avoid the dedicated remote! that could be awesome, but I guess it will require more testing.
I need to understand what exactly triggering the lights does (is it just providing the voltage to the cable lights ? if yes, it could be used if we connect it to an IN PIN on the Arduino to trigger the servo...)

shikhov

May 11, 2022
Russia
Yep, that's smart! I will start building a prototype (when I have time...)
I was thinking maybe the lights could be triggered by the Bafang remote, and there was a way to even avoid the dedicated remote! that could be awesome, but I guess it will require more testing.
I need to understand what exactly triggering the lights does (is it just providing the voltage to the cable lights ? if yes, it could be used if we connect it to an IN PIN on the Arduino to trigger the servo...)
Please make wireless buttons for Bafang! After seatpost project :)

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Please make wireless buttons for Bafang! After seatpost project :)
ahah, I think it's above my knowledge :D
Doing a RF controlled Servo is quite simple using an Arduino, I'm quite confident in having a working prototype, integrating everything as clean as the guy did in the video is another story :)

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Another question, @LAnton, I've seen in the manual that for activation of the lights, you have to press 2 seconds on the upper arrow, I think it's too long to activate the dropper post!
Do you know if it's something ajustable with BESST tool ?

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Another question, @LAnton, I've seen in the manual that for activation of the lights, you have to press 2 seconds on the upper arrow, I think it's too long to activate the dropper post!
Do you know if it's something ajustable with BESST tool ?
I have not seen such settings in Besst.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Quick question guys, do I need some extra XT30 plugs to connect the motor and battery ?
I think I'm going to wait for the bafang one, what's the default interface between the motor and the battery ?

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
Quick question guys, do I need some extra XT30 plugs to connect the motor and battery ?
I think I'm going to wait for the bafang one, what's the default interface between the motor and the battery ?
not for the BT F014 either

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
@LAnton or others who already have M820 36v. Do your engine have the same firmware like mine?

m820 3.jpg

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Just to clarify the Besst tool requires a dealer user ID and password, or a bypass script, for any use? Or can you do basic things like changing the assist levels without the login?
Thanks

forsa355

Jan 31, 2023
Canada
If U only need to change speed limit and wheel size just buy $42 cable. But if U wanna change level parameter setting buy Besst tool.
ah, ok. Was hoping it was the cheaper option! Maybe I'll wait and see if the Bafang Go+ gets updated to work with setting M820 parameters before I fork out the money for the full Besst tool

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
I don't have a motor yet, but probably it can't. It would have to support ANT+ protocol, and I have not seen it mentioned anywhere for any bafang motor. Which is a shame.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
is there any detail dimension for Bafang BT F014 battery? so we build our custom DIY battery that can fit into Lightcarbon frame or Tantan frame.

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa
With 470x52x63 I just calculate if we use 18650 cells we can get 10s4p configuration. If we use 3500mAh cells we can get 518Wh capacity. Any thoughts guys?
Sounds like a good plan. I was planning to use 21700 5000mAh cells, 12s3p. That would give 645Wh theoretical.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles