Bafang m820

kimochi

Feb 16, 2021
California
The M820 engine is noisier than the M510 engine. The noise of the motor is very clearly audible. The M820 motor is about 30% weaker than the M510. I didn't understand how to turn on boost 95N mode. I drove 29 km on a 360W battery at 100% power.

View attachment 110119
hi, can you share more about the motor noise? Is it high pitched like the old levo sl or more like the old shimano? how loud is it compared to like a shimano ep8 or bosch?

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Old friends

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-15 at 20.12.44.jpeg

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
Does someone have the DP E171 button? Would be interesting in testing it for simplicity instead of having a display

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
25km/h I've a limiter.

@LAnton , which cable are you using? Im thinking on buying a usb cable but don't know which CAN one will work
I thought it was 45km/h for everyone! I will mention it to the seller, I'm not a big fan of that "wall" feeling above 25

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Guys, I have a question regarding the light output on the cable going to the display.
Do you have a voltage in output ? is it permanent or does it need to be activated by the display ? is there an output on the motor instead of the cable going to the display ? I'd like to work on a little DIY project, I've seen this video of a guy DIYing a wireless dropper : I think it's possible to solve the battery problem by using the voltage input used for the lights. What do you think ?

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Guys, I have a question regarding the light output on the cable going to the display.
Do you have a voltage in output ? is it permanent or does it need to be activated by the display ? is there an output on the motor instead of the cable going to the display ? I'd like to work on a little DIY project, I've seen this video of a guy DIYing a wireless dropper : I think it's possible to solve the battery problem by using the voltage input used for the lights. What do you think ?
I think we need to lower the voltage. It is not necessary to take from lamps.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I think we need to lower the voltage. It is not necessary to take from lamps.
Thanks! For the voltage, we can add some voltage limiter, it's not a big deal. Do you have another idea where we could take the voltage from ?

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
Thanks! For the voltage, we can add some voltage limiter, it's not a big deal. Do you have another idea where we could take the voltage from ?
Just use an Y for the XT plug that comes from the battery or the charge plug, with a 36/43v->5v limiter that will work and cables are shy 10cm from the seatpost

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles