Feb 10, 2021
Germany
This won't work because of the "Bafang" gearing
BABB566E-8B77-4557-AD03-889BB68FABC4.jpeg

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
TCFlow told me about this Aurnoet chainring on Amazon for $12. He says he has used it for a year.
AurnetChainring.png

vikino1

Oct 14, 2021
Slovakia Topoľčany

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I also used aluminum from AliExpress, the chain does not fall off at all. However, with a larger run, the teeth wear out and the chain is pulled up by the converter in the lower part. The rear derailleur may come off. Now I use steel wide narrow 38 teeth from AliExpress and they are OK, they last much longer.
11.7£ 12% OFF|Bicycle Crank 104bcd Narrow Wide Chainring | Mountain Bike Parts Chainwheel - 104bcd - Aliexpress
I have a steel RF too...yes it's stronger. But much heavier. I use it on my 160 Nm mM620 motor. I also had the RF alloy on my Nm m600...for a year, very little wear. I switched to the knock-off to test it out and splash of color...a year later, again very little wear.

On a 75 NM M820, I expect alloy to wear even less. Its a great way to save another 75-100 g or so. It's a lightweight build afterall.😉

Now, I do run a heavier, full steel Sram NX 12 spd cassette. The steel cassette wears longer (plus much cheaper to GX) than alloy in this heavy friction, moving parts area. In contrast, the 1x chainring sees far, far less wear. Most will find that the alloy chainring should do well given the weight savings. Overall, the cost is inexpensive, but surprisingly very robust ring. IMHO💸🍻

Last edited:

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Wow! Should I call back Jim and cancel my order :D just kidding, but it's very light, that's great

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
It's different....but not really my style. I like LCE930 best so far.
I also like the LCE930. But I want to build a lightweight bike and that's why I chose the CEF50. I think dengfu makes a removable battery. If you look carefully, there is a place at the bottom so that you can pull out the battery.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I also like the LCE930. But I want to build a lightweight bike and that's why I chose the CEF50. I think dengfu makes a removable battery. If you look carefully, there is a place at the bottom so that you can pull out the battery.
Sure that make sense. That could be an advantage, over LCE930/CEF50. But it looks like you have to take off the motor cover first or even drop the motor out...it's too hard to tell.

Maybe it's the like Trek Fuel Ex-e and need to flip bike over or put in stand to remove it which isn't bad.

The Transition Relay looks like the easiest of all the mid-powered. Just gain a little weight back into the frame and cradle. I'm surprised that the Relay isn't heavier.🤔

Last edited:

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
I got the first 36V motor with a 40T star. This motor is for a road bike. Although such a heavy star should be thrown away. Look at the heavy levers 170 mm 495g.

2м.jpeg вес 820.jpeg комплект.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles