Bafang m820

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Does anyone know how natural the m820 torque sensor implementation is compared to a Specialized Levo SL? I’m trying to convince my wife to trade in the Specialized for a m820 bike and she is worried it won’t be as smooth and natural feeling.
She is right. Lets wait for sucessor of M820.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Picture of battery wires on left and incorrect wire on right.

View attachment 135890

So now I saw already 4 different types of connectors for battery CAN. Thats crazy.

I doubt you would find easily main cable with green round connector to battery.

You can try to build it DYI. I just did one recently to one customer as he wanted to have throttle support. That was 3pin triangle though. Anyway, you can run it also from speed sensor connector.
And motor works also without Battery CAN connector.

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Is it possible to somehow make the M820 work from the throttle stick? It can somehow bind to the walking mode, only increase the speed. Or trick the torque sensor so that the motor runs from the button. It is enough to have a low speed in the area of 10 km/h at the touch of a button, as in the example with walking mode. It is very convenient when a leg is injured or it is necessary to cross a deep river.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Knowing that the M820 is not protected at all from water in the CEF50, if I have to cross a deep river the CEF50 is going to be on my back. I don't think there is any way to add a throttle. I think M820 was specifically designed so that could not be done.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles