New Altitude PP! Can’t wait to hit the Island trails!

Dynamo

Apr 3, 2022
Victoria BC
As the title says I just picked up a new Altitude last week. Took a couple demo rides a couple weeks ago. Sat at Hartland and Sunday at Tzouhalem. Climbing ability sold me. Went to my LBS after the weekend and took ownership of the new ride.
Being a fat-ass (or ‘Clydesdale’ as some call us) I have a couple issues right out of the box. The brakes need something. Not sure what. Prob going to start with 220 rotor up front and maybe check out what pads came with the bike. The XT’s work great in a 200/180 rotor combo on my 30lb Kona Big Honzo so not sure if the added 20 lbs of bike is the culprit or maybe the type/quality of pads/rotor.
The rear shock is also a concern. Upgraded from FloatX to a Factory X2 but could not get sag correct even with the max 300 psi (and no, I’m not 300lbs). Took the shock back to LBS and they think something inside may have failed so are sending it back to Fox. Gave me my FloatX to get me by until this remedied.
Any others with similar issues? I’m around 260-270 but will work that down.
Thanks for any input!

ThePete

Oct 16, 2019
Dublin, CA
Can’t help with the shock issue but for the brakes I’d consider getting some Magura MDR rotors. I was always having brake issues with shimano and Sram rotors. The Maguras are a smidge thicker I’ve been using them for a year now, and they’ve been a dream. Seriously, so good!

I have an altitude PP on order, should be here next week. Super excited! First thing I’m doing is so swapping to the MDR’s.

Good luck!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles