New 2023 RockShox Zeb with Charger 3

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I see they have copied the fox forks with the bleed valves. That's fine if you remember to press the bloody buttons at the top of the climb 😂

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I see they have copied the fox forks with the bleed valves. That's fine if you remember to press the bloody buttons at the top of the climb 😂
not really, fork air bleed valves have been around since forever on mx and enduro motorbikes so it was only a matter of time before it became essential fitment on mtb forks..

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
not really, fork air bleed valves have been around since forever on mx and enduro motorbikes so it was only a matter of time before it became essential fitment on mtb forks..
"Essential", that's the word! :eek:

They will be selling after-market air bleed kits before too long.
Just clamp your fork lower into a vice and drill here.....
What could possibly go wrong? :unsure:

Juggy1985

Apr 28, 2022
United Kingdom
About time they were fitted to all forks. My pikes get a fair bit of negative air so have to use the smooth end of a zip tie to “burp” them every now and then

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
My xfusion metrics from 2014 has air valves. That was the last decent single crown fork I owned. Really regretted changing it for a fox36.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Coil sprung open bath dual damper Marzocchi DH mtb forks had bleed ports back in 1999
although the dampers could have been better (support wise) they were buttery smooth, and stayed that way almost maintenance free (compared to todays forks)
The main reason the industry moved away from these sort of designs was weight

RIP Marzocchi

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Bikeradar stated that the new Charger 3 damper offers more support, but less bump sensivity versus the old Charger 2.1.

We should see more direct comparison in the near future I guess, but the marketing here is strong with all these people thinking their Charger 2.1 fork is now trash.

Last edited:

Juggy1985

Apr 28, 2022
United Kingdom
We should see more direct comparison in the news future I guess, but the marketing here is strong with all these people thinking their Charger 2.1 fork is now trash.

I know what you mean. The biking world is so fickle and some have severe FOMO (fear of missing out). They will constantly “upgrade” parts or just buy a complete new bike yearly. How I see it is if you buy the right bike is the first place then it should last longer than a few years, if it were good in 2018 why is it no good in 2022? I’ve still got my 2014 Nukeproof Mega AM 275. Its still a beast today and still shreds, its saw hundreds of epic rides/uplifts. The marketing is clever that way, saying its 20% better than last years blah blah blah. People need to be content and ride 🤌🤌

Rick66

Oct 10, 2022
Sweden
Hi i just got a 2023 ZEB, and i just a bit confused.
It says it should have 5 clics hsd, but i have 4 click + and 4 click - from center.
Lsd is 15 clics, 7+ and 7- from center.

Wich is correct?

Also is it more damping anti clockwise or clockwise?
It used to be more damping clockwise.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi i just got a 2023 ZEB, and i just a bit confused.
It says it should have 5 clics hsd, but i have 4 click + and 4 click - from center.
Lsd is 15 clics, 7+ and 7- from center.

Wich is correct?

Also is it more damping anti clockwise or clockwise?
It used to be more damping clockwise.

I'm not sure how many clicks the Zebs have but are you meaning compression or rebound damping?

Clockwise add's damping

Rick66

Oct 10, 2022
Sweden
So i guess i have something wrong with my highspeed compression, 4 clic to much?
Neutral and 4 clics + and 4 clics - when it should be neutral and 2 clics + and 2 clics -

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
So i guess i have something wrong with my highspeed compression, 4 clic to much?
Neutral and 4 clics + and 4 clics - when it should be neutral and 2 clics + and 2 clics -
You 100% it’s charger 3? Post a pic of your adjuster

Rick66

Oct 10, 2022
Sweden
IMG_20221010_231448.jpg
IMG_20221010_231434.jpg

MBj1703

Jul 15, 2021
Germany, near Munich
Photo is a charger 3, strange, it should be 15 clicks on LSC and 5 on HSC. So your HSC is fine, but LSC has an issue.

With the Charger 3, the setting range no longer starts at completely closed, but at the center 0 position of the setting range. This eliminates the need to count or note down the setting. It goes either in the direction of "minus" or "plus", with a total of 15 clicks LSC and 5 clicks HSC available to utilize the entire band of the range to be set.

Rick66

Oct 10, 2022
Sweden
I had the ZEB sent to sram, got it back with 5 click hsc 😁
They say it was clocked wrong.
After 200m on the trail it feel very harsh again, so i stop to adjust, and it was 9 click again☹️
Call sram and they say they have to swap the damperunit, but it will take 6 month before they get it in stock 😩
Maybe i have to buy another fork so i can ride until april 2023.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles