Need to replace 2018 US BH Atom-X display - Brose S Motor

Dglcinc

Feb 18, 2022
NJ, USA
Hi:

I have a 2018 BH Atom-X Lynx 6 bicycle (US model). This bike comes with a 700 wh battery and a Brose S motor. It’s a decent rig, but BH stopped selling bikes in the US in 2019, and it has become increasingly impossible to get parts for them. Yes I’ve tried all the usual places. Crazy Lennys is no longer a BH dealer, I think they got sick of dealing with them. The US model has an emotion display.

Recently my son crashed the bike and destroyed the display. An old BH local dealer sold me a NOS black and white display but it doesn’t work, throws an “E13”, which is supposedly loose wire but I don’t see any loose wires so I think it’s just incompatible display (the actual display is a color display).This bike has a “standard” Brose-S motor and I tried connecting a controller from a BESV TRB1 that also has a Brose motor. It connects and starts to work then the battery shuts down, most likely because the battery management system on the battery is proprietary and incompatible. What I would like to do is retrofit a “standard” (or more easily replaceable) display and battery management system to this bike. My guess is this may require some kind of firmware change on the motor too? It’s very frustrating that these manufacters use proprietary displays and BMSes on these bikes and then go out of business, leaving us with $$$ doorstops. From now on I’m buying from the big names, at least I can get repairs and parts, but does anyone know of a way to resurrect this bike by retrofitting a display and BMS to my motor and battery?

Thanks!

David

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles