Need help finding an EMTB for a short guy.

Khandor

Jul 31, 2020
Canada
Heya! I've recently been looking to get an emtb, preferably a full suspension one, to commute to and from work/school.

I am 5'3 and was wondering if anyone knew of any decent ones? I seem to come across ones that are either too big or way out of my budget of around 2000USD. I'm also in Canada so some of these bikes don't even ship to me ????

I was looking at the Eahora AM100, Evelo Aries hub drive (doesn't ship to Canada though) or the VoltBike Outback. But they either don't ship to me or they are too big.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. The seat on My current bike I use is 33" from the ground.

Thanks in advance!

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Do you get Giant bikes in Canada? Giant make a women's specific line called Liv...same spec as Giant Trance but geometry designed for women, I don't know your gender but a Liv would be perfect for someone your height

Khandor

Jul 31, 2020
Canada
Do you get Giant bikes in Canada? Giant make a women's specific line called Liv...same spec as Giant Trance but geometry designed for women, I don't know your gender but a Liv would be perfect for someone your height
Hey! Thanks for the reply. I'm a guy but I was looking at the LIV bikes.... St this point Women/Youth bikes are fair game lol. Unfortunately there are no stores near me that have LIV bikes. And those that do are way over my broke student budget.

Thanks for the reply ???

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Hey! Thanks for the reply. I'm a guy but I was looking at the LIV bikes.... St this point Women/Youth bikes are fair game lol. Unfortunately there are no stores near me that have LIV bikes. And those that do are way over my broke student budget.

Thanks for the reply ???
Oh that's a shame, keep looking, you'll find something. Hopefully someone else on here has some ideas too

Khandor

Jul 31, 2020
Canada
Oh that's a shame, keep looking, you'll find something. Hopefully someone else on here has some ideas too
Haha yeah. Something will definitely come up hopefully. I might have to go the second hand route.

I was close to pulling the trigger on the bike below as the frame is the same size of my current bicycle. But their recommended height is 4 inches taller than me ???

I was thinking of ordering it and slamming the seat post (cutting it if I have to) to see if I could make it work. But I'll be patient and see if something else comes up. ???

Again, thanks for taking time to respond. Truly appreciate it.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I keep an eye on small bikes for my partner who is 4'11". She really needs something with 24" wheels. It's only been the last couple of years that reasonable full suspension 24" non e bikes have been available. At 5'3'', I'm guessing a 26" would be a good fit. If you go bigger wheels you end up with handlebars up high. Moustache have a emtb hardtail.

Khandor

Jul 31, 2020
Canada
I keep an eye on small bikes for my partner who is 4'11". She really needs something with 24" wheels. It's only been the last couple of years that reasonable full suspension 24" non e bikes have been available. At 5'3'', I'm guessing a 26" would be a good fit. If you go bigger wheels you end up with handlebars up high. Moustache have a emtb hardtail.
Awesome! I'll definitely check them out! Thanks for the reply. ???

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles