• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

My view on the bikespeed rs

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I have been running it on my old bosch gen 2 for 12500 km my bosch gen 4 for the past 1800km and no errors so far.

Motor support is unlimited and i dont have to set a max speed to avoid erros, no problem when I have a commute day and do some higher speeds for longer times.

It's easy to install, just plug and play.
After sale support is superior! When I had a problem with the speed on my kiox, I sent a mail and within an half hour I got response back.

Only issue I had so far was the speed on the kiox jumping up n down. Was an issue where my bike had a fixed speed sensor and the magnet in my brake disc not correctly aligned. Where as the motor doesn't have an issue , the speedchip did have. Once I turned the magnet upside down, it was aligned and problem solved.

The seller says the versions of software installed on the motor if it will work or not.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Yep, quality bit of kit. I've used the RS module on 3 versions of Yamaha motor, the unit is compact enough to be wrapped in a sealed plastic bag and tucked into the frame, while the OE connectors ensure stress free fitting.
The option to request custom initialisation routine is neat as well. Never had any issues and the speedo has always worked perfectly.
As you say email response when ordering is quick and helpful.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles