My E-Cells Monarch EMTB for hunting, etc.

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
I've ordered an E-Cells Monarch mountain bike with 2 wheel drive, 2 batteries and dual shocks (dampners). Luckily the main and only office is in Parumph, NV, just 55 miles from my home i.e. 40 miles north of Las Vegas.
i got it for both hunting in Nevada and general trail riding. And yes, with all its power it is something of an "electric motorcycle"/ EMTB on steroids but I need that power to haul both me and the meat from big game I kill. Nevada has truly wide open spaces and I need the quiet range that bike will give. As a veteran backpacker with all the UL gear for every season I can go EMTB camping as well BUT also carry a few cans of beer or a flask of 12 year old Pendleton 1910 rye whiskey. (Purely for medicinal purposes, you understand.)

Good to find a forum devoted to this kind of bike. So I've now gone from the sublime - road racing in the'80s and '90s, to the ridiculous - heavy duty e mountain biking. Not that EMTB is ridiculous in itself but compared to the weight of my racing bike it is.

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
MD, I haven't taken delivery on my E-Cells Crown Monarch yet but I'll post when I do.
In Pennsylvania I didn't need an EMTB when deer hunting. I had a roll-up plastic sled (called the "Deer Sleigher") to help me drag the deer out on the snow. Distances were never more than 1 mile.
But as I said here in Nevada, USA the distances are so great that it's either an ATV or a good EMTB. I chose theE MTB for many reasons. I personally dislike ATVs for any purpose except search and rescue. As used here in the US they are "a pox on the land" and often not used responsibly.

Not quite sure yet whether I'll carry my rifle diagonally across my back with its sling or in a padded case strapped to the bike. The soft case is more weight but more protection. I hope I can carry all the boned-out meat out with me in one trip bit If I take a big elk it will be two trips - antlered head and backstops 1st trip and shoulders and hams 2nd trip.
In addition to my rifle I'll be carrying rain gear and survival gear and always a satellite beacon in case of emergency for me or someone else.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles