My bikestand

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The standard bikestand needs some modification unless you are happy clamping to the dropper. I have seen a few mods using drop handlebars but they are usually narrow ones for kids bikes and I have never seen any for sale. In any case on both my E180RS and E160RSX the shock gets in the way.
So I bought 44cm Brand X drop bars for £10 from CRC. The 44cm spread fits under the top tube in front of the shock mount and under the shock linkage behind the seat tube. Lifting the bike on and off is easy and it is very stable.

20230512_171620.jpg

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Have you never heard of the false crossbar that a few people are using Mike, they’re great at distributing the weight of the bike, I had the same issue with my bike stand clamp being too chunky for the top tube too, I can’t remember who posted about them but I’m glad I bought one, it’s made life easier lifting my bike into and out of my work stand 😉 fine if you’re happy with what you’ve got but it’s another option mate 👍

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Have you never heard of the false crossbar that a few people are using Mike, they’re great at distributing the weight of the bike, I had the same issue with my bike stand clamp being too chunky for the top tube too, I can’t remember who posted about them but I’m glad I bought one, it’s made life easier lifting my bike into and out of my work stand 😉 fine if you’re happy with what you’ve got but it’s another option mate 👍
Yep I did consider that but this stand is really only for post ride cleaning and lubing. I use a Park Tool platform type stand for most maintenance work.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Nice idea, I like it.
As you say for cleaning purposes it's perfect.

I needed something similar and went with the Halfords crossbar as it was a budget friendly option.
It says it's rated up to a maximum 15kg but I suspect that's for use in transit as its a hefty bit of kit and holds up my 25kg bike fine.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Yep I did consider that but this stand is really only for post ride cleaning and lubing. I use a Park Tool platform type stand for most maintenance work.
Same here Mike, I use my old Sealey stand for washing but I’m not rich enough to afford a Park Tool stand, I have to make do with my Amazon one 😉

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles