My 2022 Heckler Battery Keeps Falling Out

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
My Heckler had the battery fix installed before I picked up my bike. The battery has fallen out several times and is now damaged. I called several bike shops and Santa Cruz direct and unable to get a replacement battery. Looks like I now have a $15k paper weight. :(

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Bike is for sale! 2022 Santa Cruz Heckler XO1 Reserve MX, size XL. Battery fell out of frame and broke the battery cover. Battery works but should be replaced at some point. Bike is still under warranty but no batteries available. $6k. I'm located in Lake Tahoe.

20220623_165634.jpg 20221119_101231.jpg

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
6k? I'm tempted to jump on a flight from the UK at that price!!
Yep, I'm so frustrated I don't want to deal with it. I just sold my 2022 Santa Cruz Bullit XO1 Reserve MX for $6k because the bike kept turning off after a brand new motor swap. If someone has the time to deal with warranty this is a great deal!

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
The battery actually still works. Looks like I just need a new battery cover so I ordered one and should have in the next few days. Bike is not longer for sale but will be for sale again when either my 2023 Crestline or 2023 Bullit arrives.

mswinche

Nov 12, 2023
Michigan
My Heckler had the battery fix installed before I picked up my bike. The battery has fallen out several times and is now damaged. I called several bike shops and Santa Cruz direct and unable to get a replacement battery. Looks like I now have a $15k paper weight. :(
Hi, I’m a mountain bike rider and also an electrical engineer. I’d like to get my hands on a heckler battery and/or battery latches in any condition. I plan to reverse engineer this storage system and offer extra batteries that stay where they’re supposed to. I would only need my hands on parts for a couple days if somebody can loan me parts for development. From what I hear some people don’t have confidence in the latch fix and other people simply just want extra batteries. I can help with both and I’m eager to do something quick.

mswinche

Nov 12, 2023
Michigan
Hi, I’m a mountain bike rider and also an electrical engineer. I’d like to get my hands on a heckler battery and/or battery latches in any condition. I plan to reverse engineer this storage system and offer extra batteries that stay where they’re supposed to. I would only need my hands on parts for a couple days if somebody can loan me parts for development. From what I hear some people don’t have confidence in the latch fix and other people simply just want extra batteries. I can help with both and I’m eager to do something quick.
PS. I have over 30 years of engineering experience.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles