My 13 year old tries out my XL Levo

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
dropped the seat as much as I could and let my13 year old have his first ever try on an e-bike.
it would be true to say that the e-bike has split opinions in the family, right up until they tried it and then pretty much instantly they changed their minds, every one of em :D although sometimes this was more about the cost than the fact that its an ebike..

no edits

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Great to see! Trouble is that he will probably now think that he needs a bigger bike!

Since he was 7, my grandson has been stealing rides on my Large-size bike (whichever one it was at the time). When he was 9, I bought him a frame that was borderline too big for him and built up a bike, I had to cut 4" off the seat post so that he could pedal! He is now 12 and recently has a 780 mm bar on that bike and a 105 mm dropper. On technical trails, he goes faster than his grandad is comfortable with. The bike is technically the correct size, just. If I look at all the bikes that he says feel perfect, they are all too big according to the size charts. So I'm ignoring all that and getting him a bigger bike for Xmas, and one that is more suited to his riding ability. He will absolutely love it and I can't wait to see his reaction, but he will still steal rides on my Focus Jam2 whenever he can get away with it. :love:

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles