Muc-Off Bike Protect

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I’ve been using this stuff and it really makes the frame shine after cleaning.
Contains PTFE. Is this stuff good or is silicone spray better?

A3E37716-E610-4B42-A007-381E9F9A7D62.jpeg

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Looks like your using it for its intended purpose. I got some but it made my matte black paint look shiny so I sacked it.

I’ve heard that some sprays have solvents which are not good for bearings. I’m assuming that Bike Protect (PTFE) the silicone ones are ok. I think the purpose of these products is basically to allow mud and grit to slide off more easily next time you hit the trails ?

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I used this stuff when I had to store my tandem in a dank, dusty cave for a couple of years. I removed the dust sheets and the tandem was sparkling like the day it went in there.

However, a word of caution: I originally bought this stuff as an after-wash water disperser for the drive train when I did a short contract in England (seems to be wet there a lot). From the manufacturer's website: "Bike Protect is the ultimate liquid bicycle protection. Preserve and freshen your bike with Bike Protect’s incredible water dispersing action! It’s a perfect ‘all over’, after-wash corrosion inhibitor due to its extremely high oil content. "

I made the last part in bold. This stuff has a very high oil content and so will happily attack bearing grease. It's also great at making your brake pads and disc rotors shine beautifully!

I never use it here because my bike dries quickly in the sunshine. YMMV.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles