• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

MTB rear triangle specs for given frame / e-bike build

bozobkr

Feb 23, 2023
Hungary
Hello,

A used 27.5 19" e-bike frame (Bosch performance CX motor+battery model) (only front half) is advertised under the brand "Kilimanjaro e-tec 2.0" (Hervis), whatever (around 40 EUR).
Its rear triangle, however, is missing and I have no clue as to the specs of such part I would have to be looking for to match the front. I'm not asking the seller to take measurements, because he doesn't seem competent. I've built hardtails, but have no experience with fullys, so I'm not competent, either. So far, we are a fantastic team.
I would be potentially building the bike with a used rear triangle, Bosch motor (don't know which specific generation motor/battery would fit, either. Do at least 2 generations have the same mounts or is this another one of my pipe dreams?). I have a slightish/fairish guess that this triangle would be proprietary (if there is such a thing as an almost "standard" rear frame) and making this purchase would set me off on a merry, hopeless journey into a bottomless abyss, with no view of anyone waving to me with encouragement from the shore, just dark loneliness.
Alternatively I could simply withdraw food, educational, medical funds from my family and buy a bike that seems nice for the price of a used car with functioning windshield wipers and an honest will to move forward without a software update.

I would appreciate any ideas, tips or insight in relation to this highly intriguing and no less exciting question.
Thanks in advance.

pics:
Kilimanjaro_ebike_vaz.jpg
Kilimanjaro.jpg
Kilimanjaro2.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles