Mt Buller Reports / Conditions etc

aussieskier

Feb 4, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I’ll be spending a fair bit of time at Buller over the summer so thought I’d just start a thread to give some reports, random musings etc.

This week’s trail report: https://cdn.mtbullercdn.com.au/assets/bikebuller/2021/201028_trail_report_v3.pdf

Trails opened today, did a fun loop out to Misty Twist, it’s had a full re-cut and is fantastic, it’s still a bit soft but will bed in nicely, big wide smooth berms. Gang Gangs had a good looking at before winter and is a lot smoother too.

Going to do the second half of the Epic Trail tomorrow I think. We had a baby over winter so my fitness is non existent so I think I’ll skip the Stonefly ascent, can do that another day. Danger who works on the trails said that the Epic DH section is as good as he’s ridden it.

Good to read about some potential trail expansions:

aussieskier

Feb 4, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Its great on an ebike!
No way I could do it on an analogue bike, would be a massive day on an eBike including Stonefly, I’ll do that when I get a bit fitter after another couple of weeks of riding, would need to use a bit less turbo to have the battery to get around, today’s loop got me down to 38% but I used Turbo on pretty much every fireroad / doubletrack ascent.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Ah I see, I done the whole ride on my old Kenevo with a couple analogues, both ex XC racers. I had to use trail mode a couple times to keep up but used Eco on Stonefly. It is a Decent climb!
Got to the bottom with 26% left.

aussieskier

Feb 4, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Rode Stonefly today, slow going due to my fitness, also a lot of windfall on the trail - all the trees have been cut but a ton of sticks/bark etc which surely slowed things down. Berms at the bottom of the descent have been re-cut and are completely mint.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Damn how are you getting shuttles. Spewing!

I'm wondering if it'd be viable to run our own shuttles , perhaps in a couple of weekends? Take turns driving bikes and people out to the cafe to do the epic descent?

I had planned to take sprogette on her analogue early in the season , perhaps with a few of her mates, but with melbourne opening up it might be wise to move our plans forward before the crowds arrive.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Holy cow, they grow up early! She's 15 and just turned down a ride at Buller because of VCE exams !

The other 2 aren't really up to doing the epic , and last time I crossed the delatite the bike developed electrical gremlins....Falls creek is looking like a better option.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles