Kenevo Gen1 Motor upgrade?

Fourth_Floor

Sep 13, 2022
Pennsylvania
2021 Kenevo Expert owner. I absolutely love this bike's geometry but find the motor lacking big time for my taste. I also have Luna Cycle X2 with the Ludi V2 controller and I wish that motor was in my Kenevo as it would be the perfect bike for the riding I do. I have no trails local to me so I go out and make my own fun so I'm not worried about ruining trails as there are none. Is there anyone that sells hot rodded motors for Specialized bikes? I have a 25 plus year motocross background and my X2 was a perfect match with it's 2500 watt motor and twist throttle (which I found fantastic in ratchet pedal situations), the bike's geometry is just nowhere near as good as the Kenevo for me. These 750 watt motors or whatever they are just aren't cutting it. I'm sure the stock motors are great for people coming off of a normal mtb but coming from the dirtbike world its feels extremely underwhelming. The X2 motor in the Luna bike is, in my opinion, the max you can get away with on an mtb. Super lively, fun and powerful and didn't destroy the drivetrain. Anything out there?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles