Levo Gen 2 Motor noise and torque

MMF27

Aug 4, 2020
Aberdeen
Hi.
Few questions to find out more wether an issue is being develop or no.
A 2020 TL July. 2500 km

1. The motor started to make more noise than when the bike was new. in the last couple of weeks being considerable noticeable, the odd bit is that it does it some times and other times simply feels like is normal. A friend just got a 2021 and we were riding side to side on a hill and the difference was noticeable. Mine sounded like a RC car, his was barely noticeable. We rode the same hill many times and then in one of those no considérenle noise. But let’s say is more or less present
Is this build up of noise normal or a sign something will fail?

2.- also from about a month ago when I pedal uphill in turbo mode, it does seem to be a lag on engagement of the motor but also when I stop pedalling the motors continues to be engage. In both situation is not desirable. The latter is more uncomfortable because it’s make me to loose balance when is hard uphill and you need to manage the strengh to overcome an obstacle etc.
Again any relation with the number 1? I did check the software. All updated

3. Last but no least, when the bicycle is suspended in the air on the stand, in the past, on moving the pedals backward it was not engagement at all so no wheel movement. I though It was / is the normal setup due to the electric motor. Again Recently the pedal are engaged time to time and the rear wheel spin. Not sure what is normal or not

any help guys. Do I worry and ask the store to have a look or keep pedalling? Only one that is annoying me is number 2 due to the balance loose when continued to have the motor running in a hill and is not needed because is quite tecby etc.
Cheers
MM

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
All 3 point to the rear sprag bearing not releasing so yes the motor is on the way out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles