Motor feels like it's skipping...

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
I have a Cube with the 750Wh smart system. Lately in Turbo (and a bit also in EMTB) it feels like it's skippingevery few revolutions. It does not happen if off or on lower assist modes so i rule out drivetrain issues.
Anyone with a similar behavior that can share what it might be?
Thanks!

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I'd check the drivetrain before anything else. More assistance means more chance of the chain skipping.
Do you have a tool to measure chain stretch? Does it happen more in the smaller gears?

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
The thing is: chain is fairly new at less than .75 stretch; it happens on all the gears with the same feeling and lastly does not feel like a skipping tooth, more like if the wheel was skidding slightly (obviously it is not) or if a clutch was giving up shortly. It's more 'smooth' skipping than a tooth for lack of a better description.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
If its 11/12 speed chains should be replaced at 0.5 and cassettes swapped after 0.75, but if its happening in any gear it could be motor related, possibly the clutch bearing?

Might be worth taking to bike shop if drive train can be ruled out

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Thanks; i think i'll take it to the shop and see what they say. If it's motor related it might sit there for a while, since i suppose it's off to Bosch :(

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles