Motobecane/Bikes Direct Parts

GaryF31

Apr 11, 2021
I lost a few parts off my HAL e Boost during the last ride. Not sure of the name but it's the 12mm thru-axle support piece (black collar) and also something similar out of the derailer. I attached photo of mine and one from a new one off the website. Is it a standard Shimano piece? I think the axle specs are: W/ 12MM THRU HOLE 14*32H. OLN:148MM

Can anyone please help me find part names and where to source them....thanks!
bike2.jpg.png

wheel3.JPG

billp91311

Feb 9, 2019
Chatsworth, CA
I had the same issue on my hal eboost and purchased the part on bikes direct site. Email them and they will help you out. I used lock tite red on the replacement so it does not happen again.

GaryF31

Apr 11, 2021
I had the same issue on my hal eboost and purchased the part on bikes direct site. Email them and they will help you out. I used lock tite red on the replacement so it does not happen again.

Thanks...I ended up doing the same. They were very helpful and sent out parts quickly. Used locktite and haven't had another issue.

billp91311

Feb 9, 2019
Chatsworth, CA
Looks like you have a different cassette on your bike. What did you go with and why? Other issues I have had; shock bolt loosed up and almost fell out - had to lock-tite it. After about 2000 miles the rear hub went out and I could not find the parts so I went with an Alex rim with a bear hub that the LBS had in stock. Replaced chain once and chain ring plus the idle gears on the derailleur. Cleaned and re-greased derailleur spring clutch that was squeeky. Replaced derailleur shifting inside cable that frayed up causing shifting problem. Latest issue - E010 bike would code out and stop and I would have to turn off and on and it would go for a while and then E010 out - cleaned and applied dielectric grease to the battery pins and has not happened since. Other than that with 2600 miles and almost 6 years and its still going strong with 87% battery health left per stun locker app. PS I also swapped out the front wheel for a 29r which I like alot and some other minor upgrades like bars, grips, stem, seat and pedals. Went from 140 to 160 on the fork which was the max on this pike model fork that is on my bike. 170mm crank arms on ebay which were low cost and saves a bit more on pedal strikes. Lots of stuff through the years on the old gal but still keeps up with the newer bikes out there so why upgrade?

GaryF31

Apr 11, 2021
Looks like you have a different cassette on your bike. What did you go with and why? Other issues I have had; shock bolt loosed up and almost fell out - had to lock-tite it. After about 2000 miles the rear hub went out and I could not find the parts so I went with an Alex rim with a bear hub that the LBS had in stock. Replaced chain once and chain ring plus the idle gears on the derailleur. Cleaned and re-greased derailleur spring clutch that was squeeky. Replaced derailleur shifting inside cable that frayed up causing shifting problem. Latest issue - E010 bike would code out and stop and I would have to turn off and on and it would go for a while and then E010 out - cleaned and applied dielectric grease to the battery pins and has not happened since. Other than that with 2600 miles and almost 6 years and its still going strong with 87% battery health left per stun locker app. PS I also swapped out the front wheel for a 29r which I like alot and some other minor upgrades like bars, grips, stem, seat and pedals. Went from 140 to 160 on the fork which was the max on this pike model fork that is on my bike. 170mm crank arms on ebay which were low cost and saves a bit more on pedal strikes. Lots of stuff through the years on the old gal but still keeps up with the newer bikes out there so why upgrade?
That is the cassette that was on the bike when I bought it. My bike mechanical knowledge is pretty poor. I had a shock bolt almost fall out as well...it was hanging on by a thread when I noticed it. I used loctite on it as well and haven't had another problem.

I started having a skipping/slipping sensation when peddaling under power. Although my cassette is definately worn it doesn't seem that bad visually. I did buy a new cassette and chain but haven't installed them yet. I may take it to a local shop as I'm not sure if I can do it or even if I bought the correct cassette.

The 29er front wheel swap is interesting. May try that. I'm definately goint to try the 160 fork mod. Luckily no error codes or other issues yet. But I'm the same. I've rode some more expensive/newer bikes and honestly don't feel they're that much if any better. Why spend the money when mine is fine so far.

billp91311

Feb 9, 2019
Chatsworth, CA
Interesting on the cassette difference. The slipping sensation is what I believe to be the rear hub going out. I had the same issue and it finally went out completely going up a long climb. I at first thought maybe the motor was giving me a problem or the chain was jumping teeth but it ended up being the hub. I ended up replacing the whole rear wheel since I could not find the pawls that were worn out in the hub plus the gear that they engaged was worn and issue resolved.. You may be able to find a used DT swiss wheel cheap on ebay as I found my front DT swiss E1900 29 wheel from the same.

This one is what you need and its about $300. Or go to your local LBS to buy one if you are unsure which I ended up doing because I was in a hurry to get rolling and paid $350.
DT Swiss E1900 Mountain Bike Rear Wheel Shimano HG 11 Speed 12x142mm x 27.5"

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles