Mission Control Mission Control - Which Heart Rate Strap?

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Strava finally got back to me!

Hello,

Taking a look at the activities files, it looks like there's an issue with how the Heart Rate Data is written. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do on our end. We suggest reaching out to the company directly for any questions. To provide some context, we have a publicly available API that hundreds of external developers use to integrate with Strava data. These integrations are built and maintained by those 3rd party developers which means that any troubleshooting questions are better directed their way.

Sorry about that and good luck!

Regards,
Fred
Strava Support Team

chrisk

Jun 7, 2020
San Jose, CA
Yeah, the .fit file that Mission Control generates has zeroes in the heart rate column. Interestingly, when generating a .fit file for rides from before the last app update, the heart rate column is correct.
Anyway, according to Specialized, the next app update (which was supposed to come out a week or two ago) will fix the bug.

chrisk

Jun 7, 2020
San Jose, CA
The Mission Control app update was released yesterday. I tried it out and am happy to report that the bug is fixed. I now again get heart rate data from my Bluetooth HR sensor in the .fit file and in Strava.
Hope Apple Watch support is next! ;-)

Cdw1008

Jan 15, 2021
Australia
I have noticed similar behavior.

- I have a 2019 Levo and use iPhone 11 Pro
With Specialized app 2.3.0 build 63

I have tried 2 different HRM
1. Wahoo Tckr
2. Viiiiva

both show in mission control as active devices and I can see my HR when I start “Let’s Ride”. I lock the iPhone and place it in my jersey.

BUT not long into the ride it must disconnect cause I stop after each trail to check and it has disconnected. I navigate to see the HRM it goes from greyed out to connected and same same repeat.
Then afterwards it saves to Strava with NO Heart rate.

many ideas ??
Yes I am having this issue too. Wahoo Tickr says “connected” but 10 seconds later it disconnects. I have no idea why. Hoping someone has the answer

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles