Mission Control functioning

Marius

Aug 2, 2018
Knysna
Does the Smart Control override the Infinite Tune settings?
I am experimenting with the settings as I plan to do a few rides in the region of 60km/3hrs/1000m ascent.
I have set the Eco setting at 25/30 and Trail at 50/60 - I plan to use Eco mainly.
With this setting I finished a similar ride with 2/10ths of battery left.
I then did the ride again using Smart Control set at 4hrs - it felt to me I got more support but ran out of battery power before the end of the ride.
Also, when using Smart Control, it seems to be “stuck” to Eco Mode (as per display on my Garmin) and whenever I engage a higher support level, it reverts right back to Eco (albeit that it feels stronger)

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
I believe that smart control does override other settings to preserve battery for your intended ride profile. As to your desired ride of 60km/3hrs/1000m ascent , I think this is clearly capable. It will depend on how much power you add to the ride and how much you weigh. I have done 40 mile rides almost 4 hours with 4000 feet or more of climbing and returned using 85% of the battery. With my pack (first aid kit, 2 tubes, emergency supplies etc., 3L of water and tool bottle I kit out at about 185lbs. If you weigh more or put out less power and use more battery your results will vary.

I used Mission Control on two rides and switched to BLEvo for my ride application and I find that it has more tuning capability and is allowing me to use thresholds on my heart rate and leg power to conserve battery by making me put in the first and sustaining power, not just matching with a multiplier as the Mission Control does. There is a great support for the BLEvo app on this site and others. To me it changed the bike and made it so much better. I also seem to get longer life on the battery than with Mission Control. BLEvo is for iPhone and Android devices.

Marius

Aug 2, 2018
Knysna
I believe that smart control does override other settings to preserve battery for your intended ride profile. As to your desired ride of 60km/3hrs/1000m ascent , I think this is clearly capable. It will depend on how much power you add to the ride and how much you weigh. I have done 40 mile rides almost 4 hours with 4000 feet or more of climbing and returned using 85% of the battery. With my pack (first aid kit, 2 tubes, emergency supplies etc., 3L of water and tool bottle I kit out at about 185lbs. If you weigh more or put out less power and use more battery your results will vary.

I used Mission Control on two rides and switched to BLEvo for my ride application and I find that it has more tuning capability and is allowing me to use thresholds on my heart rate and leg power to conserve battery by making me put in the first and sustaining power, not just matching with a multiplier as the Mission Control does. There is a great support for the BLEvo app on this site and others. To me it changed the bike and made it so much better. I also seem to get longer life on the battery than with Mission Control. BLEvo is for iPhone and Android devices.
Thank you for the detailed reponse

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles