Missing protection spring???

Stoddy

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
Wye valley
Hi,

Can anyone help? I'm missing what I think is a sort of protection retaining spring off the wheel side (inside) of my Shimano DYNASIS 11 mech.
Both the spring and what I assume was a lug, are both missing. They came off mid ride, rendering the bike almost useless in top gear.
The spring seemed to keep what looks like the servo motor engaged with the mechanism that shifts the hanger up and down. I think it's there in case of an impact, to protect the servo motor from damage.
I've no idea where to get spares like this from?
Any help or advice would be muchly appreciated!

Rich.

2017 Focus Jam2 Pro.

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
Most likely, there are no user serviceable parts available. This would have to go through a warranty claim assuming there was no impact damage.

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
Assuming you have a Shimano XT m8000 setup, I believe this is standard on your bike, then chances are you can get what you need here,

Gear Spares - Shimano Rear Derailleurs | Gear Spares | Transmission | SJS Cycles

SJS are superb for spares, I always try them first and usually if they don't stock it, then no one does.

FYI when asking for help with parts it's always helpful if you can give as much detail as possible, a photo is always helpful, DYNASIS 11 mech, is I believe is simply a feature of and applies to lots of rear derailleurs from Shimano.

Hope you find the parts. :)

Stoddy

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
Wye valley
Assuming you have a Shimano XT m8000 setup, I believe this is standard on your bike, then chances are you can get what you need here,

Gear Spares - Shimano Rear Derailleurs | Gear Spares | Transmission | SJS Cycles

SJS are superb for spares, I always try them first and usually if they don't stock it, then no one does.

FYI when asking for help with parts it's always helpful if you can give as much detail as possible, a photo is always helpful, DYNASIS 11 mech, is I believe is simply a feature of and applies to lots of rear derailleurs from Shimano.

Hope you find the parts. :)
Thats great, thanks so much. Good tip on posting photos too. ;):cool:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles