Merida - Shimano battery needs repair BT-E8010

tojo007

Oct 26, 2021
Sydney
Hi. The charging port on above battery needs replacing...Shimano don't repair which seems to me absolutely ridiculous on such an expensive part...anyone know of anyone in Australia or overseas who can repair? Cheers.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
I feel your pain, motor died with no apparent signs, ie working one minute and not the next so couldn't be very much wrong with it and out of warranty. Shimano selling no spare parts or doing ANY sort of repair work. Got a $2000 paper weight now. Guessing your the same with the warranty? Do you have the external battery as not sure on the battery numbers? What exactly is wrong with it, whats not functioning on it?

tojo007

Oct 26, 2021
Sydney
I feel your pain, motor died with no apparent signs, ie working one minute and not the next so couldn't be very much wrong with it and out of warranty. Shimano selling no spare parts or doing ANY sort of repair work. Got a $2000 paper weight now. Guessing your the same with the warranty? Do you have the external battery as not sure on the battery numbers? What exactly is wrong with it, whats not functioning on it?

Hi. The charging port has two large pins on each side and three very small contacts/tracks in the middle. The two outer contacts have "lifted" somehow and been pushed against the back of the socket. When trying to straighten the tracks one broke off and the other one was pushed in...now I have a large paperweight...Shimano Australia said as I am the second owner the warranty is invalid (it's expired anyway). They recommended I send it in to the warranty team and they may replace from a goodwill perspective....I'm not hopeful...

tojo007

Oct 26, 2021
Sydney
Hi. The charging port has two large pins on each side and three very small contacts/tracks in the middle. The two outer contacts have "lifted" somehow and been pushed against the back of the socket. When trying to straighten the tracks one broke off and the other one was pushed in...now I have a large paperweight...Shimano Australia said as I am the second owner the warranty is invalid (it's expired anyway). They recommended I send it in to the warranty team and they may replace from a goodwill perspective....I'm not hopeful...
and yes it's an external battery.

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
Try it, because if the say no; you won't be any worse off than you are now!

imax

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
Keep reaching out and try find a decommissioned battery which can be used as spare parts. It must be fixable (photos) how old is the battery as you could upgrade to a BT-E8014. Sydney electric bikes fix motors.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles