Merida e160 headset washer/seal

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Have the 2021 Merida e160 8000 and underneath the shaped headset spacer that the cables route through at the front of the headset there is an external plastic seal/washer that looks like its there to protect the bearings. Mine has split and looking for the part to replace it. Looking at the manual the headset is MERIDA/VP-8152 (MH-P16/ MH-P16) but searching for that all I get is the bearings. Can't find it on the merida website either. Anyone know what the part is (see pic) so I can order a replacement? Hopefully just a generic part?

20220430_144324.jpg

MMBB

Jan 26, 2020
Sydney Australia
It's not available as a spare part. You will need to purchase the complete headset. I have got a bloke to 3D print me a seal but I'm yet to receive it. Mine split aswell.

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
It's not available as a spare part. You will need to purchase the complete headset. I have got a bloke to 3D print me a seal but I'm yet to receive it. Mine split aswell.

Ah thanks. Might not be needed now as found carbon splintering on the inside of the headtube when getting it serviced. Waiting for Merida to review the frame.

webman

Apr 13, 2022
Sydney

Same here. I just 3D printed one. I actually cut mine to put it on without removing any parts ;-)
Happy to share the STL if anyone wants it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles