Merida 10k

Stan

Feb 18, 2019
Australia
I sold my giant 2019 E+0 And was looking for another E mtb . I took the e160 9000 for a demo and loved it. I would have loved the 10k, but is way out of my price range. After a few searches I found a 10k for sale for $8500. The bike was only 5 months old with 300klms and in near new condition,So I pulled the pin and bought it.
The bike is very playful and fantastic to ride.
My giant is ploughing machine, riding over anything. But the bottom bracket was too low and I was always hitting logs. The merida is more agile and with the 29er front wheel, rolls over things way better than the 27.5 front wheel. I'm sold on the mullet set up on the merida.
The giant has more torque at 90nm and if in the wrong gear, it still powers on.
The merida motor has 70nm so less torque, so you need to be in the correct gear.
Overall the merida rides like a non mtb.
These are just my thoughts on my previous giant compared to my merida. Both are very capable bikes. I'm hoping that the Shimano motor is more reliable than the Yamaha pw.
I'm just glad to be out riding the trails without the suffering on the up hills. All emtbs give you a big grin, but some grins are bigger than others..
Happy and safe riding on the trails.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles