MegNeg with dengfu e10

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Looking for advice. Has anybody tried to use MegNeg with their Rs shox on dengfu E10? Would love to hear your feedback.

I am currently running a Rs deluxe 210x55. I keep my sag at around 30% with my 90kg weight and use max bottom out tokens. I haven't felt many harsh bottom outs, but very often I can see the sag indicator slide further of the 55mm mark meaning I use full travel which is not ideal. I could of course increase the pressure, but I don't want to loose small bump compliance. This is why I am considering MegNeg. I have calculated that the the overall progression rate is only 14% according to the chart from Dengfu which doesn't seem very progressive. Can MegNeg improve my bottom out resistance by allowing higher pressure while maintaining the initial supleness?

73BF4CB0-49E2-4BD0-ADA8-EE61F41B4EE0.jpeg

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
So I've ordered and installed the MeNeg on my dengfu E10 and I can report it was a very meaningful upgrade. Current setup: 32% sag, 1 bottomless token, 0 megneg tokens and around 270psi in the shock. The mid stroke has became definitely more supportive and bottom out resistance improved. Previously I would do a jump to flat with around the same sag and 2 tokens and the sag ring would be just at or slightly past the 55mm mark. Even though I didn't feel a hard bottom out it was concerning. Now on the same drop I get my o ring 3-5mm above the 55mm mark which is perfect. I feel that small bump compliance didn't suffer and remained roughly the same if not better. Overall so far I think this was a great upgrade!

thelostjs

Jul 1, 2022
tn usa
Appreciate this information! I built an e22 using a oem rockshox super deluxe 230x60 from a canyon or some such. I weigh 77kg i've been running around 250psi. still pretty easy to max travel. see my youtube video introducing the bike for some jumps to flat!

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Do you run any positive chamber tokens? 250psi seems a lot for your weight, but then again progression can be different on e22

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Watched your video, didn't see the o ring move bellow 2/3 if travel. Although I didn't see you do any proper drops that could cause potential bottom out, so hard for me to comment...

thelostjs

Jul 1, 2022
tn usa
right on thanks for watching! I've including a screen shot from the trailhead app. I Haven't taken apart the shock since it was near-new when I got it. It kind of blows through a lot of travel for a given impact.

I've got another e22 with a deluxe select it has two tokens and a M tune in its description. I have been confounded by how much different they feel at equal air pressures. The deluxe select seems very happy and quite a bit more bottom resist at only 210psi.

I am not dissatisfied with either of them overall. I doubt i'd crack them open before their scheduled maintenance.
I've included both below. I'd be interested on your thoughts regarding what is mostly responsible for the difference in feel between the two.
20220923_113054.jpg
20220923_111342.jpg

thelostjs

Jul 1, 2022
tn usa
Have to say the same, there is nothing in the video, which should bring your shock to much more than 50%.
Sorry to say, but instead of buying a megneg, you should improve your riding skills and ride faster and harder.
Thanks lol. I assure you the state of my wallet demands that if improvements are made it will come only from riding more. I haven't been able to plan a high speed jump line in my yard (yet). Also I have no gopro or chest strap mount so the filming is what it is.
I've made a new video! having strapped on a helmet and feeling emboldened by your post I've given it what for. check it out and share some riding footage!!

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles