Max Assist Speed Stops at 16 mph (Spectral ON CF8 North America)

AirTime77

Oct 27, 2023
Received a bike in North America and the max assist speed is limited to 16 mph.
Anybody dealt with this?

I've contacted Canyon but I'm still waiting to hear back.

IMG_0337.PNG

Last edited:

AirTime77

Oct 27, 2023
update on this for anyone wondering - you will need to submit a form on Canyon's website describing this issue. A service rep will contact you and they will provide provide a form to get your bike serviced at a Shimano authorized dealer to update the firmware. You will submit a receipt and they will reimburse you.

uberamd

Nov 7, 2023
Minnesota
Same thing happened to a buddy of mine with his CF8, where as mine was configured correctly from the start. Annoying to say the least.

lovespicyfood

Nov 24, 2023
California
Got my Spectral ON CF 8 updated to U.S. standards w/ up to 20mph assist. While in the shop, asked the LBS to take a look at my front end as it was creaking a lot...I thought it was the internal "knock block." Turns out they the stack was ~1.5m short and the headset couldn't be cinched snuggly. In addition, LBS said the headset was bone dry. The had a spacer that worked.
Canyon said they would pay up to $50 for the software update, LBS charged me $35. They charged me $30 for the headset rebuild.
Kudos to Canyon, they agreed to pay for that as well, $65 total. Love having assist to 20mph...unfortunately lots of rain in southern California for the next few days...

Ricky Bobby

Dec 4, 2023
USA
Did they stack an aluminum spacer on top of a plastic unit? My bike came with plastic spacers. Super easy to make sure all the spacers are made of metal.

lovespicyfood

Nov 24, 2023
California
Did they stack an aluminum spacer on top of a plastic unit? My bike came with plastic spacers. Super easy to make sure all the spacers are made of metal.
Hey Ricky,

Sorry for the delay. Originally they told me to ask Canyon for a spacer as they didn’t have a matching one when they called to let me know it was ready. However, upon picking it up, they had found one. Seems they are all metal and definitely a unique shape.

Bike rides perfect now, no creaking. I was worried about noise from the EP801 as well but seems quiet to me with no clunking. Only sounds I seem to hear are the soothing whirl of the motor 😃 and the random rock flicking off the fenders. 😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles