Mastermind TCU as an upgrade soon???

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
It also says it's compatible with all models with TCU which means also with Gen2 Levos/Kenevos...

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
That seems like a crazy price. Be nice if it did most of the stuff my Garmin does so I could ditch the Garmin but I dont think it does.

DS.

Mar 15, 2019
Devon
Had it on KSL did think much of it prefer the simplicity of the normal one and that is just a silly price £250 max

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Garmin Edge 530 can be had for under £200. This does less, no built in GPS, maps, temperature etc.
At under £100 I might be tempted, just to tidy things up, but I would probably still wait for it to be on sale for £70 or so before I would actually buy it.
If you could select more power levels, so a super ECO and a TrailPlus from it (rather than having to get the phone out) then that is the sort of feature that might make me keener to have it.

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
Had it on KSL did think much of it prefer the simplicity of the normal one and that is just a silly price £250 max

I would like it for micro tune and that's it. I prefer micro tune over the 3 modes.

I like using battery assist just like shifting gears.

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
Garmin Edge 530 can be had for under £200. This does less, no built in GPS, maps, temperature etc.
At under £100 I might be tempted, just to tidy things up, but I would probably still wait for it to be on sale for £70 or so before I would actually buy it.
If you could select more power levels, so a super ECO and a TrailPlus from it (rather than having to get the phone out) then that is the sort of feature that might make me keener to have it.
Exactly better buy a garmin or wahoo elemnt roam for that price and you get all the relevant data via Ant+ and you have proper buitin gps navigation for your trips.

Pippotag

Feb 18, 2023
Italia
Adamo19 e la soluzione 😉

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I have heard it can be retro fitted for about £200.

But, maybe I just buy a Garmin instinct for the actual battery % (which is all I want).

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Adamo19 e la soluzione 😉
Thanks, hadn't seen that, very interesting. Don't think I want to void my warranty this way yet but do you know if it has actually been tried on the SL motors yet? I guess if they are putting the TCU on SL's now then it might but be good to know for sure.

Pippotag

Feb 18, 2023
Italia
Thanks, hadn't seen that, very interesting. Don't think I want to void my warranty this way yet but do you know if it has actually been tried on the SL motors yet? I guess if they are putting the TCU on SL's now then it might but be good to know for sure.
No purtroppo è disponibile solo su motore brose
purtroppo disponibile solo su motori brose,dunque niente SL 🤷🏻‍♂️😔

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
No purtroppo è disponibile solo su motore brose

purtroppo disponibile solo su motori brose,dunque niente SL 🤷🏻‍♂️😔
That's what I assumed, just hoped that if Specialized are offering Mastermind TCU for ALL bikes with original TCU then that might include SL's and therefore the Adamo19 might also work... long shot I know.

S4HXO

Mar 5, 2023
South Wales Valleys
I thought the Alloy Comp had it, as you've stated it doesn't; I misread the manual. I have the same bike and had thought Micro Tune was available with the TCU, not exclusive to the Mastermind TCU.

Bollox.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles