Maintenance suggestions for a noob

epmd

Apr 13, 2021
Nevada, USA
Greetings from Las Vegas, NV.

Got a 2020 Levo Comp last summer and absolutely love it. I'm a pretty basic rider and like to keep my wheels on the ground, but this has really ramped up the fun for me. My other bikes have basically just sat around.

I do my best to take care of my bike. Able to do over the air updates now which is good. I do the occasional wash, clean, chain lube, add sealant to the tires every few months and so far no major issues. I have about 700 miles according to my mission control app.

When do I really need to get service? New break pads? Shock service? New tires? etc. Super hot and dry here in the summer. The dust is fine and covers everything fast. Trails are basically rocks.

Thanks for any advice.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Just follow the manufacturer's recommendations for shock and fork service (you can stretch it a bit further - most people do), replace brake pads and tires when worn (brake pads when only a couple mm left, tires when the traction deteriorates), and measure chain every couple months and replace if necessary. And don't power wash your bike, especially your motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles