Main pivot removal

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
Awesome news dude glad u got it sorted. Mine just has the washer/seal fitted either side as stock. But I’m a happy man now lol except my fox factory dropper is sticking constantly so sending it off to silverfish tomorrow for warranty

FB my dropper is exactly the same. Although with 3000 miles on it now I’m waiting another month or so and it can go for a paid-for service. Just need to get clear of this grinding paste that we are riding in ?

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales
FB my dropper is exactly the same. Although with 3000 miles on it now I’m waiting another month or so and it can go for a paid-for service. Just need to get clear of this grinding paste that we are riding in

Mine has done it since new an never bothered me. Went out Sunday for a spin an had to pull the seat up with my hand when I was riding lol. The mud at my local trails is soup heaven at the mo I’m tryin to avoid a lot of them as so many people goin there an it’s destroying the trails

insheina

Aug 31, 2020
Finland
That’s what’s coming next! It’s pre-winter bearing service will get a little cheeky ??

Did you manage to get th e
Yep, the taper lock is out and the Allen key is in the Main pivot axle. It winds out perhaps 3 or 4 turns perfectly (visible on both sides). It’s simply pushing the non drive side in and pushing the drive side out and on the non drive side it then interferes with the frame.

Did you manage to to get the main pivot out? I have taken 5mm bolt and the taper lock out. When I try to wind out the main pivot with 6mm allen key, the main pivot just spins endlessly - I can see from the drive side that main pivot is turning same time as I turn allen key. What should I do to get the main pivot out?

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
Tap it from the blind side, whilst turning the Allen key, it’ll engage and come out. Don’t be too gentle ☺️
You need to apply sufficient pressure to get the threads to engage and start moving the whole rear triangle on the axle towards the side where you are turning. It’s just sticking in there at the moment. Hit it!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles