• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Magura Vyron eLECT Wireless Remote Dropper Post

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
I'm considering the above dropper post but not sure if it will be suitable for my setup.
I have a Haibike SDURO Full Seven 7.0 in a small frame. The frame will allow the seatpost to be inserted a maximum 120mm into the frame and that leaves 150mm up to the seat bracket (see attached image), which is just right for my inside leg. I do quite often feel the need to drop the seat but I can't with the current seatpost.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Magura.jpg

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Have you checked out the way they work? They work in a weird way. The .5 seconds delay would drive me nuts I recon.
Review: Magura's Updated Vyron Wireless Electronic Dropper Post - Pinkbike

The Vyron doesn't behave exactly like a 'normal' dropper post. On most droppers you push a remote lever of some sort, lower the seat to where you want it with your body weight, and then release the lever to lock it in place. That's not the case with Vyron.

Instead, you push and release the remote button, and then there's a .5 second window to lower the seat. What if you push the button, weight the seat, and then unweight it in less than .5 seconds? That's right, it starts to raise back up, which is my biggest gripe with the Vyron. It's simply not as easy or as intuitive to use as a 'standard' dropper post, especially if you're riding somewhere with terrain that requires raising and lowering your seat more than a couple times.

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Yes, I am aware of the way it works and have read positive views from owners who have learned pretty quickly how to manage it. I think the fact that I won't have to faff about routing the cable will outweigh any other issues.

I'm more puzzled how to find out how much of this will go into the seat tube and how much
actual drop I will get out of it (using the 100mm version)?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles