Magicshine RN3000?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Has anyone tried the Magicshine RN 3000?

Wondering how it would compare to the Exposure Diablo as its half the price, has similar battery life and 1200 more lumens (on paper).

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Most people who use a Diablo will have it as a helmet mounted head torch. it weighs about 120g. This is still heavy enough to feel it on the helmet. This is why people choose it or the joystick, not for a bigger battery or run time.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Most people who use a Diablo will have it as a helmet mounted head torch. it weighs about 120g. This is still heavy enough to feel it on the helmet. This is why people choose it or the joystick, not for a bigger battery or run time.

Cheers, youre right, would be way too heavy on the helmet 👍

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Try it.
The bike hut 1600 is a similar weight and so long as you mount it well it's absolutely fine helmet mounted.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I have a diablo . Good light with stupid functions. I think I will sell it and buy something else . Very well made though. Reminds of a fly rod I own . Looks beautiful yet casts like shit . I've been meaning to sell that too . Hmmm .

Same here, dont want or need the 24 light settings or the tap function or the spf power thing, or the proprietary power cable..

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
ETC ALCOR Front Light | Tredz Bikes
m8 uses this, magichine make it,
I have the same version but branded olight, and thats just a rebranded magichine one, olight allty 2000.
Nice beam on them, we use them as helmet lights, but are also good on the bars, plus you can buy a spare battery from magichine for them.

Pw53

Jan 25, 2022
Uk
I bought one...
It's bright and the battery lasts a while but the light is too heavy for the mount. Mine sheared off on the second ride (on smooth roads, not even anything rough!). Customer service from magicshine is very poor. They are refusing to honour the warranty and have been quite unhelpful really.
I would avoid.
I've gone back to 2 x fenix bc30 which are fine for me, with a much better mount.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I bought one...
It's bright and the battery lasts a while but the light is too heavy for the mount. Mine sheared off on the second ride (on smooth roads, not even anything rough!). Customer service from magicshine is very poor. They are refusing to honour the warranty and have been quite unhelpful really.
I would avoid.
I've gone back to 2 x fenix bc30 which are fine for me, with a much better mount.

Cheers for the heads up

I was worried about this exactly with the warranty 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles