SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
D 12. L 179 (177-181), TP 1,5, TL 19

Yep.
180mm (can be 178-179 also) M12x1.5

Q
image-2023-05-21-10:29:22-922.jpg

Should buy a new meter

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
What do u think guys if I use Shimano XT 2 piston, will it be ok for this lightweight eMTB? I don't do jumps or drops, just adventure riding.

At least go for 4pot in front and 2pot rear as a bare minimum.
You can get a slx 4pot 7120 caliper quite cheap and has the same breaking power as the xt (and it takes 2’ to change it)

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Sounds good on battery.
With my mechanical brakes I have no oil to overheat on long downhills. Rotors can still get hot. Have to stop and let them cool down same as oil.
I just think for a trail rider it is just not necessary to get fancy expensive brakes.

Kenk3589

May 5, 2022
Usa
Idk if it was mentioned but did anyone actually buy a headset that fits? I got my frame but I don’t have the time to build atm and want to least ge the parts ready

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
70k, quite thin but either way 4hrs riding for me was impressive!

Next test will be using mid-level the whole ride, stay tuned for tomorrows report :p
How much power does eco mode give you? I mean, how much faster are you on a given climb, compared to normal, non-e mtb?

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
How much power does eco mode give you? I mean, how much faster are you on a given climb, compared to normal, non-e mtb?

My initial climb from home till the first “peak”, being 350m elevation and 4km i usually take 33/35’

In eco it took me 22’ and wasnt even tired.
Eco mode really has a lot of power, even on a previous ride I tried boost but felt even like a joke, 0 pedal effort and didnt even tried it again.

krikri

May 5, 2023
France
Ma montée initiale de chez moi jusqu'au premier "pic", soit 350m de dénivelé et 4km je prends habituellement 33/35'

En éco ça m'a pris 22' et je n'étais même pas fatigué.
Le mode Eco a vraiment beaucoup de puissance, même lors d'un précédent trajet, j'ai essayé le boost mais je me sentais même comme une blague, 0 effort de pédale et je n'ai même pas essayé à nouveau.
Et dans les descente, comment se comporte le vélo par rapport à un musculaire?

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
translating for my French lazy fellow compatriot:

How does the bike behave downhill compared to an "analog" bike?

I actually know some french, but try to maintain the common language (english) so everyone’s aware.

To the reply:
Imo its less playfull than my YT jeffsy 150/160mm with 64.5HTA (so same travel and hta). I find it harder to do some transfers but that’s expected since im moving/jumping 18kg instead of 13. Also the bike tends to nose a tad more cause of the battery weight, but again same as most ebikes even an Orbea Rise.

My biggest impression is that going downhil on a straightish track or rock garden it feels even less harsh due to the suspension design, i find it not performing as well in curvy or gnarly tech stuff.

All my rides commonly include a mix or blue and red trails

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles