SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
I’ll say that communication with Linda has been excellent.
Im waiting for the frame to arrive to build it and do a proper review, my idea is, if the quality is as it looks in the picture, order 5-6 more for people that are interested but in a full build

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I’ll say that communication with Linda has been excellent.
Im waiting for the frame to arrive to build it and do a proper review, my idea is, if the quality is as it looks in the picture, order 5-6 more for people that are interested but in a full build
I think the CEF50 frame should be solid.🤛

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Inked5A76603083AABB3E66450CF95D415716.jpg

On the way to Indonesia. Usually a month to arrive by sea cargo. Thanks to Linda for good cooperation.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Nice looking paint job for $20. I could not pay for rattle can paint for that amount for DIY.

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
Hey guys,

This frame looks very interesting.

Did anybody order it from EU? what was the shipping cost? Was there any import duty fee on top? What was the cost of frame+motor+battery(size?)+shipping+fees?

As far as I understand, 720Wh battery is not ready yet. Was it maybe specified who is the supplier of cells? and maybe what type of BMS will be used? I think it would be cool, if BMS would be BT ready, so you can check data about the battery and be sure, that no cells are under/over charged. With the bafang battery, controller is probably geting this information over the CAN interface, but with this battery it is harder to be sure. When it comes to LiOn bateries, I feel like it is better to be safe, than sorry.

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
Hey guys,

This frame looks very interesting.

Did anybody order it from EU? what was the shipping cost? Was there any import duty fee on top? What was the cost of frame+motor+battery(size?)+shipping+fees?

As far as I understand, 720Wh battery is not ready yet. Was it maybe specified who is the supplier of cells? and maybe what type of BMS will be used? I think it would be cool, if BMS would be BT ready, so you can check data about the battery and be sure, that no cells are under/over charged. With the bafang battery, controller is probably geting this information over the CAN interface, but with this battery it is harder to be sure. When it comes to LiOn bateries, I feel like it is better to be safe, than sorry.
Hey,
I ordered it to the EU, shipping costs were $319, but its DDP so it has all the taxes/import duties included.

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
Look at how beautiful it is. These guys have a lot of experience in creating bicycles. Such a light and modern frame could be made by real professionals.
I like the detail that the rear triangle looks quite burly. Lets hope quality and durability is as great as the pictures show

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
For the 720Wh battery peeps like myself out there, Linda said she would have an update of testing and "aging" the 720Wh battery by this Monday. I assume she means determining the reliability of the 720's cell configuration?

For me, now officially at 4 months since I put down my initial deposit, I told her that I've got to have a shipping tracking # by April 7th in a week in order to go forward with my CEF50 720Wh order.

If not, I'm dropping out of the hunt for a lighter, mid-powered Enduro all together. I'll be looking back to the heavier, full-powered options to spec most of my purchased components on.

The big battery is a deal breaker for me. It's the reason I pursued the CEF50. I don't want to be in "battery limbo" waiting another month or more potentially.

Anyway, we'll see if it happens.🤞

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
For the 720Wh battery peeps like myself out there, Linda said she would have an update of testing and "aging" the 720Wh battery by this Monday. I assume she means determining the reliability of the 720's cell configuration?

For me, now officially at 4 months since I put down my initial deposit, I told her that I've got to have a shipping tracking # by April 7th in a week in order to go forward with my CEF50 720Wh order.

If not, I'm dropping out of the hunt for a lighter, mid-powered Enduro all together. I'll be looking back to the heavier, full-powered options to spec most of my purchased components on.

The big battery is a deal breaker for me. It's the reason I pursued the CEF50. I don't want to be in "battery limbo" waiting another month or more potentially.

Anyway, we'll see if it happens.🤞
Man I’m bummed to hear it come to that I was looking forward to your build.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Man I’m bummed to hear it come to that I was looking forward to your build.
Yeah me too! While it's just a battery...it should be functional by now. Of course we'll see.😁

Just can't wait for my other opportunity to slip by that unexpectedly came up.🤘 I need a second E-mtb up and running for summer alpine camping in our local mountains.

Also, I think the CEF50 team needs a little incentive on this front to push through an unnecessarly longer delay, as they're two months past the initial deadline on the big battery development. 🫣

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Yeah me too! While it's just a battery...it should be functional by now. Of course we'll see.😁

Just can't wait for my other opportunity to slip by that unexpectedly came up.🤘 I need a second E-mtb up and running for summer alpine camping in our local mountains.

Also, I think the CEF50 team needs a little incentive on this front to push through an unnecessarly longer delay, as they're two months past the initial deadline on the big battery development. 🫣
Yea that’s true. I’m hoping they figure the battery out as well 750 is the sweet spot. What’s was the smaller size, 500?

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Yea that’s true. I’m hoping they figure the battery out as well 750 is the sweet spot. What’s was the smaller size, 500?
The big is 720Wh and third-party, The medium is Bafang 410Wh. The small is Bafang 360Wh. No release date for the 250Wh Bafang extender. So, Bafang should be dialed in.

Hoping that by putting the leverage of remaining balance of my order will help Linda's team prioritize the big battery development to completion.

Given only a minority of us are going big battery they probably deprioritzed it. Most are going smaller juice box and Bafang already had them made. So, they likely focused on frames...that's their main production, so that makes sense.😜

If the update is encouraging on the 720, I might hold off a bit longer, but I don't want them to forget about me because I'm being overly patient.

Plus, the full-powered frame I'm looking at has limited availability.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles