M510 LCES004

Slaine

Apr 12, 2022
France
Hello,

I work to finish my LCES004 with M510 motor and I don't find solution/part to close this hole.
could you help me?
regards
plugin.jpg

Slaine

Apr 12, 2022
France
I receive this motor and I would like to be sure to download the right FW for my M510.
could you help me for this question?
thanks

cl0m.jpg

Slaine

Apr 12, 2022
France
first ride with my M510. it is my first EMTB.

first I have the same cutoff when i pedaling. to cancel cut off I change the "AI SENSITIVITY" 3 to 4 and I don't have any cut off after.
I ride 20km without any issu. it is a real pleasur to ride with this bike and this motor

lswu.jpg

upt5.jpg

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
first ride with my M510. it is my first EMTB.

first I have the same cutoff when i pedaling. to cancel cut off I change the "AI SENSITIVITY" 3 to 4 and I don't have any cut off after.
I ride 20km without any issu. it is a real pleasur to ride with this bike and this motor

lswu.jpg

upt5.jpg

Good find that AI sensivity can solve cut off problem. worth to try. thx mate. Nice build btw, u use marzocchi coil rearshock?

Sloth v37

Jul 31, 2022
NY, USA
Where did you get the part that holds the battery into the frame? Is it the thing pictured below? Is that the "charger"?

I am going to buy the same frame, motor, and battery, but I have no idea what I need to order when it comes to the battery connecting to the frame like yours does...

I am planning on ordering the motor kit and battery through fltebike.com as they were recommended by the LightCarbon rep, but it doesn't show me what comes with the battery.

Hfe695c2a246d4ccba76b421acbd00784X.png

Slaine

Apr 12, 2022
France
Where did you get the part that holds the battery into the frame? Is it the thing pictured below? Is that the "charger"?

I am going to buy the same frame, motor, and battery, but I have no idea what I need to order when it comes to the battery connecting to the frame like yours does...

I am planning on ordering the motor kit and battery through fltebike.com as they were recommended by the LightCarbon rep, but it doesn't show me what comes with the battery.

View attachment 93699
this part is the battery connecto on frame, normaly he come with the motor & battery kit if you buy a bafang battery BT f03 or BT f04

Jeromep

Mar 17, 2022
Florida
Slaine, I am currently building a LCES004 with the Bafang M510 also. My 3 issues:
1) the rear wheel speed sensor cable that came with the motor is so short that the "connector" is in the middle of the chainstay so, I am having to buy a speed sensor with a longer cable.
2) the display has a short cable also. The "extension" cable has a connector that is too large to fit through the frame cable plug (how did you solve this problem).
3) I have the same issue with the charging port - I sent am email earlier today to the John at Light Carbon. I did see TCFLowClyde's response above - where can I pick up that "charging port" thing?

How are you liking the build so far?

Regards,
Jerome (USA - Florida)

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Slaine, I am currently building a LCES004 with the Bafang M510 also. My 3 issues:
1) the rear wheel speed sensor cable that came with the motor is so short that the "connector" is in the middle of the chainstay so, I am having to buy a speed sensor with a longer cable.
2) the display has a short cable also. The "extension" cable has a connector that is too large to fit through the frame cable plug (how did you solve this problem).
3) I have the same issue with the charging port - I sent am email earlier today to the John at Light Carbon. I did see TCFLowClyde's response above - where can I pick up that "charging port" thing?

Regards,
Jerome (USA - Florida)
I got the charge plug with the BT-F03 450 Wh batteries...

Slaine

Apr 12, 2022
France

Regards,
Jerome (USA - Florida)
Hi,
1) For the speed sensor I have just the right length. I put the cable on the hole on the frame just up to the motor.
2) I don't have this issue with my frame, the connector fit on the frame
3) I don't find the plug. I create a CAD Model to close the hole. I print on PLA with my 3D printer

regards

Jeromep

Mar 17, 2022
Florida
Hi,
1) For the speed sensor I have just the right length. I put the cable on the hole on the frame just up to the motor.
2) I don't have this issue with my frame, the connector fit on the frame
3) I don't find the plug. I create a CAD Model to close the hole. I print on PLA with my 3D printer

regards
The connector cable coming from the display is very short (20cm in length). The cable coming from the motor has a green connector that needs to pass through the "cable frame plug (plastic grommet)". The frame plug is intended for two cables and has separate cable holes. The green connector will not pass through the hole. I would need to cut out the separator and jam the plug through this "expanded" hole. How did you solve this issue?

I am discovering that the frame manufacturer (Light Carbon) is not in synch with Bafang and you really have to use a lot in ingenuity and do this project (wrong length cabling, rubber grommet doesn't fit hole size (where the key lock passes through the frame), no wiring schematic, no assembly guide, and a bunch more ... oh well.

IMG_1699[1].JPG IMG_1698[1].JPG

Jeromep

Mar 17, 2022
Florida
I got the charge plug with the BT-F03 450 Wh batteries...
I just heard back from Anna at [email protected] - they are selling me the longer cable to solve the speed sensor cable length issue. She said they don't have a charging port suitable for this battery. Where did you get you connector? Is there a "proper" partnumber for it? Thanks for the help by the way!!

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I just heard back from Anna at [email protected] - they are selling me the longer cable to solve the speed sensor cable length issue. She said they don't have a charging port suitable for this battery. Where did you get you connector? Is there a "proper" partnumber for it? Thanks for the help by the way!!
The connector cable coming from the display is very short (20cm in length). The cable coming from the motor has a green connector that needs to pass through the "cable frame plug (plastic grommet)". The frame plug is intended for two cables and has separate cable holes. The green connector will not pass through the hole. I would need to cut out the separator and jam the plug through this "expanded" hole. How did you solve this issue?

I am discovering that the frame manufacturer (Light Carbon) is not in synch with Bafang and you really have to use a lot in ingenuity and do this project (wrong length cabling, rubber grommet doesn't fit hole size (where the key lock passes through the frame), no wiring schematic, no assembly guide, and a bunch more ... oh well.

View attachment 98944 View attachment 98945
Try switching the cable frame plugs for each side...they were reversed. I drilled mine bigger and squeezed the display cable (green plug) through before I discovered the former and already set up my rear brake😑.

I had to buy an extended cable plug at greenbimekit.com myself (they suck but better than no retailer).

Grommet for key hole should fit barely and won't pop out once inserted.

I have an extra charger plug if you want it. I'm doing a second build with my DIY battery and was going to use the other charger port plug at the frame key hole with modifications to frame.

Send me your address if you want to my email:
[email protected]

and I'll send the other one to you with shipping quote. Then PayPal shipping fees to me prior to shipping.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles