M rises 4A fast charger

Apps

Aug 12, 2019
Leicester
Hi can you get or are Orbea planning a 4 amp charger for the carbon rises m10 m20 i know the H charger does not fit.

Cheers

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
I don't think they will make 2 different chargers to the same bike.

But I also noticed that the H-model is rated 4A....but does it actually charge faster ?
Maybe the H-owners can tell, how long it takes to charge from xx% to xx%, then we can compare.

Btw: the slower it charges, the longer your battery will last (in theory at least)

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Scott is 4A charger which apparently takes 4 1/2H.
I can't say for sure theough as ive yet to empty one and recharge at about 1/2 full.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
I don't think they will make 2 different chargers to the same bike.

But I also noticed that the H-model is rated 4A....but does it actually charge faster ?
Maybe the H-owners can tell, how long it takes to charge from xx% to xx%, then we can compare.

Btw: the slower it charges, the longer your battery will last (in theory at least)

I read yesterday that the chargers are not interchangeable and am 99% sure it said that the 360wh battery was not fast charge compatible. I think they may have a slightly different connector as well to stop people using the wrong charger, but that is just a guess.

Phoenix

Dec 29, 2021
Devon
I read yesterday that the chargers are not interchangeable and am 99% sure it said that the 360wh battery was not fast charge compatible. I think they may have a slightly different connector as well to stop people using the wrong charger, but that is just a guess.
That's my understanding too, connector is different internally to the wiring harness and on the charge port.
360wH no fast charger available, just 2A
H series comes with 4A charger, for fast charging the internal battery
Range extenders for both only charge at 2A and are not interchangeable due to different connector.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
The connector are different, between M and H.
The "fast charge" compability is a fair reason, why this is so.
It can however detect of its plugged into the H or the M version of the battery extender which is 2a on both so I've no idea why they couldn't use the same battery extender for both. Seems strange. Maybe the battery extender itself delivers different peak current as the motor has a different tune or something. We know the 540w is a totally different config from the 360.

Phoenix

Dec 29, 2021
Devon
It can however detect of its plugged into the H or the M version of the battery extender which is 2a on both so I've no idea why they couldn't use the same battery extender for both. Seems strange. Maybe the battery extender itself delivers different peak current as the motor has a different tune or something. We know the 540w is a totally different config from the 360.
The range extenders are not interchangeable due to different connectors on the bike - same charger for the main battery will be used on the extender for the H, it will just charge slower

Phoenix

Dec 29, 2021
Devon
Your post arrived just as I presses "post reply"....so it was actually to the long fellow :)
Why do you think it will charge slower..??...then it would not be necesessary to make 2 different extenders...
I thought it was for him ;)
Re the extender charging at 2A on both, that's what I have read.
After changing the charge port on the bike, obviously the extender-bike end of the cable has to change. Not changing the other end, on the extender would mean that they had to provide 2 different chargers with the bike, one for main battery, one for extender. Not a cost effective choice, but a bit of a messy outcome, making them incompatible across the bikes. That is my take on it, having read about their incompatibility, and charge rates, but having not seen one for the H in the flesh (has anyone?) this could be wrong.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
Your post arrived just as I presses "post reply"....so it was actually to the long fellow :)
Why do you think it will charge slower..??...then it would not be necesessary to make 2 different extenders...
I was saying I don't know why they weren't able to use 1 extended battery for both. Both of the extenders are 2a, the only difference seems to be they have a different connector, and that Only because the main batteries have a different connector to stop someone plugging the 4a charger into the 2a main battery. That said. The 4a charger can detect if it needs to deliver 2a or 4a based on what it's plugged into. Maybe there is some kind of "chip" in the new extended battery that tells the new 4a charger to restrict its output. Which is not in the m battery.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
I thought it was for him ;)
Re the extender charging at 2A on both, that's what I have read.
After changing the charge port on the bike, obviously the extender-bike end of the cable has to change. Not changing the other end, on the extender would mean that they had to provide 2 different chargers with the bike, one for main battery, one for extender. Not a cost effective choice, but a bit of a messy outcome, making them incompatible across the bikes. That is my take on it, having read about their incompatibility, and charge rates, but having not seen one for the H in the flesh (has anyone?) this could be wrong.
I've seen the h30 in the flesh. See pic. But I didn't look at the battery socket.

IMG_20220107_131602.jpg

Apps

Aug 12, 2019
Leicester
Thanks for the info.The only option if you flatten both batteries in the morning and want to a big ride in the afternoon is to buy another charger or range extender.

joelvtt

Feb 15, 2023
France
Hi!
How long does it take to charge the Rise M battery? I'm debating whether to buy the M or the H version of the bike. Also if anyone has timings on the bigger battery or the range extender that would be much appreciated.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles