Lyrik compression settings, does it work?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
If you have Turbo Levo Comp 2020 with RockShox Lyrik Select RC 29 fork, can you fell the obvious difference if you hand-push your fork and change compression setting from one side to another?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
if it is the RC 1 charger the compression control progressively limits the flow of oil through so if you have no oil or not enough oil in the fork no it will not work! Assuming there is oil in the fork the effect noticeable with manual pushing of the fork will be felt most with rebound set at fast and a fairly plush air chamber setting, and even then will not replicate the sort of oscillating compression of the fork when riding. So best to judge in actual riding conditions with the proper rebound and air pressure settings. It does not provide a lockout regardless. If you feel no difference then, the fork probably needs servicing. I believe a lot of these forks are left laying a round for months from manufacture to first use and can dry out during that period.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
I had an issue with mine, as described plus the clicks on the compression adjust dial h
ad disappeared. Lbs sent it to SRAM who declared they had removed it and tested it and it was ok. Not been able to ride it yet, back trouble has turned into sciatica so I'm in bits for a few weeks.

Letford

Jul 21, 2019
Basford
I had an issue with mine, as described plus the clicks on the compression adjust dial h
ad disappeared. Lbs sent it to SRAM who declared they had removed it and tested it and it was ok. Not been able to ride it yet, back trouble has turned into sciatica so I'm in bits for a few weeks.

I had exactly the same issue with mine too but mine started to top out, Sram said there was nothing wrong with them. I'm not Convinced or impressed with them to be honest, I've ran Fox Forks the last couple of years and they're so much nicer to ride than Rockshox in my opinion.

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
I felt no difference in my lsc settings on my 2020 select. Lbs tested as well and confirmed something was wrong, they contacted spesh and they sent out a new damper to the lbs. Apparently Sram doesn't stock the OEM lyrik select damper so I received an RC charger 2.1. Mmmm. I was eventually going to upgrade to a factory 36 but now that I basically have an ultimate I'm staying with this for a long while.

SmartSelect_20191121-132112_Gallery.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles