Luna X2/ Bafang M600 standard controller replacement question, Has anyone successfully swapped out a motor controller on this model??

CaptKirk

Feb 28, 2022
Port Huron, Michigan
Luna X2/ Bafang M600 standard controller replacement question, Has anyone successfully swapped out a motor controller on this model?? I have read where if this is done without a licensed dealer initializing the Controller to the motor, the result is a motor that will run in reverse. I also read that a hack involved bypassing some circuitry on the controller. My question is has anyone tried swapping any 2 leads on the 3 wire plug from the controller to the motor? This will reverse rotation on "ANY" 3 phase motor . Also what is the purpose of the drive shaft mounted magnet? Is there a "Hall effect" sensor to indicate rotation direction? Will flipping magnet over and regluing affect operation and motor direction? I was attempting to stockpile critical components to have on hand as needed but have found it may not be as easy as just buying the correct replacement part. Any suggestions?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles