Lower bars = Lower back pain😡

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I do enjoy this video on bar width :)

According to the formula I'm only 7mm each end over... with 800mm bars🤷‍♂️. Jesus oh lord.... have I committed a sin? By the way my back is on the mend. Swimming and FT exercises have both helped👍 and I have raised my stem height by 10mm.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
you've answered your own question. I'm trailing what the difference will be. I am also trying to find more grip up front, especially at this time of year. If it means trying extremes and then slowly cutting back then that's a good way for me learn what the differences do to bike and rider handling and bike and rider behaviour. I don't think it's a racer position as I'm using the stock stem and only 5mm less rise than the stock bars(levo SL).
I agree being open to try things is a positive. Here in Quebec we are on snow so an agressive real snow tire is a solution. Our rule is for more traction is let air out, less PSI. If you have problems where trails are off camber only a few tires shine in those situation. For a fat the Surly Bud 26x4.8 is the shining star. You might want to add Gripstuds. Since i like to have my head and shoulders high i only add weight on the front when i need it. This allows me to ride 3.5 Hrs daily(i am retired). For our summer DHF is highly respected.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
A wider bar definitely helps with grip and balance in the snow/ice
You should try re-attaching those 20mm cuttings.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Ps. Never take mtb set up advice from a Fatbike rider.

99% of them are plodders who wouldn't cope very well with genuinely low grip riding without their huge low pressure tyres. #provemewrong 😜

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles