Loving this beast, '21 Meta Power 29 out here in NJ, USA!

Dec 26, 2020
USA
It's heavy, ep8 clunks a bit, but damn is it fun to ride. It really just rips over everything so far. I'm glad I went with the 29 and not the TR, with the weights being the same, I don't see any benefits to the lesser travel TR. I rode a friend's Canyon Spectral ON for a bit. Weight wise, it honestly felt like an analog bike after riding the Meta, and much more of an xc/trail bike, I bunny hopped it almost a foot, and I can only do a few inches on the Meta! It's also a mullet so maybe that also has something to do with it. Different bikes for different things. I plan on riding a lot more Enduro, and DH than him and that's definitely what the Meta 29 was designed for. Both great bikes for what they do. Still I wonder what the Meta 29 would be like as a mullet ?.

I rode about 100 miles the past 2 weeks, lost an e13 crank bolt cap but Commencal sent one to me in 2 days. No other major problems, just have a soft rear Deore 4 pot, going to bleed it today. Oh and the Fox fork and shock factory specs seem to be a little stiff. The softer I make the fork and shock, and slower rebound, the better the bike rides. For reference I'm 170lbs, Fox 38 should be around 93psi, I have it down to 75 and still seem to have another 1.5" of travel to use, according to the dust wipers. I guess we'll see when I do some larger drops.

Cheers!
(yes I look like a dorky fan boy in my Commencal kit ???)

20210423_134826.jpg

received_499441421083211.jpeg

20210423_135043-01.jpeg

Nov 21, 2020
Tucson, AZ
Nice bike! I hope you're aware of the crank issue by now, if not make sure you do the updated torque procedure. Not to sound like a broken record on this but I'd hate to see any more people get hurt because of this.

These Commencal e-bikes are indeed heavy, but that lets them rip through nasty stuff more like a dirt bike would, which is cool! You can literally pick the worst possible lines and plow down as long as you have big enough balls and hang on tight enough.

Have fun and be safe out there

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Nice bike! I hope you're aware of the crank issue by now, if not make sure you do the updated torque procedure. Not to sound like a broken record on this but I'd hate to see any more people get hurt because of this.

These Commencal e-bikes are indeed heavy, but that lets them rip through nasty stuff more like a dirt bike would, which is cool! You can literally pick the worst possible lines and plow down as long as you have big enough balls and hang on tight enough.

Have fun and be safe out there
All Commencal bikes are heavy, with or without a motor. But I’m still more than happy with mine after 6 months of use.

Nov 21, 2020
Tucson, AZ
All Commencal bikes are heavy, with or without a motor. But I’m still more than happy with mine after 6 months of use.

I've been a long time Diamondback user (weight is the last thing on the minds of their designers) and its nice that Commencal is the same in the weight department lol. I am glad weight has never been a huge deal for me for bikes... I mean it would be much more practical for me just to lose weight rather than shave grams off my bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles