Lotsa rain + lotsa wind = ...

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I don't think I can pick my way through this! My regular ride in Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park had several forced detours and stream crossings that were not emtb friendly.

20230318_145154.jpg

Most years this stream is dry during summer and no big deal to ride through in winter. Not yesterday!

20230318_142845.jpg

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
That looks pretty! What trail is it?
The upper pic is the single track that parallels the main (double track) Ridgeline Trail (single track Shady Creek Ridge trail according to Trailforks). The lower pic is where Bay Leaf double track trail crossed Sinbad Creek. There as much mud along the Sinbad Creek trail as I've seen in videos from England!

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
The upper pic is the single track that parallels the main (double track) Ridgeline Trail (single track Shady Creek Ridge trail according to Trailforks). The lower pic is where Bay Leaf double track trail crossed Sinbad Creek. There as much mud along the Sinbad Creek trail as I've seen in videos from England!
Thanks! We have friends in Livermore with MTBs, this would be a nice ride for us all to do. Just an hour and a half away...

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I still dislike mud, but this year has taught me to tolerate water and cold temperatures. Next year I think I'll buy some long pants for riding.
I bought a pair of the Tasco pants, they are half off right now:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just out of interest, do North Americans ever use the word ‘trousers’, or has it always been ‘pants’ ?

In the UK, ‘pants’ are underwear, although the word is beginning to be used to replace ‘trousers’ by our younger members of society

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I heard trousers as a kid (60-ish years ago!), but it was a word that only really old people used. Looking back, they may have been immigrants who didn't grow up hearing pants in the US.

Pants has been the go-to word for "outerwear" in the US for at least as long as I've been alive.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I'm 56, and I've never called them trousers, though I've heard the word used by older folks, long ago... and once in a while, I'll see or hear it, but it is not the go-to word.

I better poll my kids, all in their 20's...

A06

Mar 9, 2023
Corona, CA
In the US we only refer to underwear as Banana Hammocks. You should try to make that stick across the pond as well.

SoCal has been getting dumpped on but there are still dry places to ride. I imagine NorCal is just getting blasted right now.

Unfortunately I predict there will be so much erosion at many local spots a considerable amount of trail work will need to be done to restore the more flowy favorites.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles